Marantz 7400 for $430

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Spiffyfast said:
Almost wish I hadn't gotten my pioneer yet b/c I'd jump all over this one,
That is a 90 day warranty refurb.....
Didn't you buy your Pio, New??? With full warranty...

patnshan

patnshan

Senior Audioholic
Spiffyfast said:
This is one heck of a deal

http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage.asp?AuctionId=10470895

Almost wish I hadn't gotten my pioneer yet b/c I'd jump all over this one, hope some of you guys looking for a receiver now can take advantage of this. Doesn't have all the bells and wistles, but not everybody wants that anyway.
I saw this. The people selling it must have never looked at the unit or the manual. It is listed as having HDMI in and out as well as firewire. Really :confused: Must be "highly" modified :D My 8400 doesn't even have that.

Pat

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
patnshan said:
I saw this. The people selling it must have never looked at the unit or the manual. It is listed as having HDMI in and out as well as firewire. Really :confused: Must be "highly" modified :D My 8400 doesn't even have that.

Pat
Yes it is also listed at a whopping 50lbs When in fact it is lighter than the 1015tx. The actual weight of the 7400 is 30lbs

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
patnshan said:
Must be "highly" modified :D My 8400 doesn't even have that.
Pat
Now that I think of it, I have seen the 8400 at better deals. I beleive I have seen it go for 454.00

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
yeah, thats when Marantz dumped all of them on ubid when they rolled out the 8500, alot of ppl got the 8400 for around $450, but still at $430 the 7400 is a great price. I like my Pioneer don't get me wrong, but Marantz is what I really wanted when the 8400's were going for that price.

patnshan

patnshan

Senior Audioholic
brian32672 said:
Now that I think of it, I have seen the 8400 at better deals. I beleive I have seen it go for 454.00
I got mine for $460 plus $39 shipping, so $499. The difference is those were new with 3 year warranty. I love the thing, really.
I cannot wait to replace the speakers. So many choices...... I am thinking of BIC DV64's and 62's etc, Acoustech's, Fluance, Paradigm titans, and the list goes on and on. Basically bang for buck.
I am leaning towards Hsu STF-2 vs. the VTF-2 for the sub. I just have to wait for the wife to get over the receiver purchase. She is almost there:D

Pat

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis