Marantz 7015 preout mode or marantz av7706?

P

prabhuvel

Audiophyte
I have an existing nad , Kenwood power amplifiers , so is it good to buy marantz 7015 and use in preouts and use remaining amps inside the 7015
Or
Buy a marantz av7706 and use my 2 power amps and my existing avr onkyo nr709 in multi channel input mode

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I have an existing nad , Kenwood power amplifiers , so is it good to buy marantz 7015 and use in preouts and use remaining amps inside the 7015
Or
Buy a marantz av7706 and use my 2 power amps and my existing avr onkyo nr709 in multi channel input mode
If you can use the internal amps for the surrounds/Amos/Height channels then the SR7015 is a good option. If you are okay with Denon's look, then the AVR-X4700H is a better option (it measured much better) and you can save a few hundred dollars. Based on past bench measurements, the AV7700 series won't measure better than the corresponding SR series AVRs.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
They will both sound equally good.

Pre-pros obviously don't have any internal amps inside, so some people think pre-pros may have better reliability. But there is no guarantee.

Just personal preference.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Glancing at prices they're pretty close right now unless you find one or the other heavily discounted somewhere. I like the option of using internal amps and the slightly less gear needed in the rack and probably a better price with the avr, tho.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Glancing at prices they're pretty close right now unless you find one or the other heavily discounted somewhere. I like the option of using internal amps and the slightly less gear needed in the rack and probably a better price with the avr, tho.
By the way, I think we need to page @M Code again for an explanation of the apparent shortages of the 2019 AVRs such as the AVR-X3600H, SR6014 and RX-A2080, RX-A3080, not even refurbished from AC4L, how come??

The AVR-X4500H, SR7013, RX-A1080 seem to be still available but probably not for long.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
By the way, I think we need to page @M Code again for an explanation of the apparent shortages of the 2019 AVRs such as the AVR-X3600H, SR6014 and RX-A2080, RX-A3080, not even refurbished from AC4L, how come??

The AVR-X4500H, SR7013, RX-A1080 seem to be still available but probably not for long.
Also add to the BACKORDER list: Denon X6700, X8500, Marantz SR8015, in addition to the Yamaha RX-A3080. I have clients wanting to buy these 4 models, but they are all on backorder.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Also add to the BACKORDER list: Denon X6700, X8500, Marantz SR8015, in addition to the Yamaha RX-A3080. I have clients wanting to buy these 4 models, but they are all on backorder.
Pickings are slim, lean times ahead for home audio.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja

Yeah you seen the prices for used AVR's on A4L, they are trying to sell at list prices.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis