Marantz 7013 or Yamaha A3080 or A2080

H

HarrazH

Enthusiast
Hi,
I already have a Yamaha RX-V667 which I bought around 10 years ago, I have Klipsch 8000F towers and the 504C and planning to buy svs BP2000 pro (maybe two of it).

Does it make any difference in sound quality going from the current AV to any of the ones listed in the title? This is my biggest focus! I'm looking at 5.2.2 or even 5.2.4 setup.
If there is a difference in sound quality, which one should I go for?

I'm leaning toward the A2080 for the price vs the value I'm getting, going up to A3080 or the SR 7013 is not really justified from reading the specs( just my untrained point of view :), please let me know your point of view).

Also Seems like Arcam uses a class G Amp which should produce better sound, but unfortunately it's not sold where I live but I can order it online, is it worth the premium money+ shipping + risk of warranty?

Also does it make sense to go for a low end AV receiver and add the difference in upgrading my front speakers? ( I just ordered the klipsch and can return and upgrade them, the only challenge is i have a very limited brands where i live)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Different classes of amps (G vs H vs D vs AB vs A) does NOT make them sound better or worse. They can all sound equally great.

RX-A2080 vs 3080? The 3080 can output about 300W x 2Ch into 4ohms while the 2080 can output about 260W x 2Ch into 4 ohms. Thus, the difference in power is insignificant as you said.

Sound quality of most AVRs (new or old) is equally great, especially in Direct/Bypass/Through/Straight modes.

The differences are usually in their features (Auto EQ, Manual EQ) and possible reliability and compatibility.

Everyone thinks differently. But personally, I think Denon/Marantz has better Auto EQ/Room Correction software, but Yamaha has better reliability, HDMI compatibility, WiFi remote app, and WiFi streaming.

If you've always used Yamaha and it has always worked perfectly for you, I see no reason to change now. :D

Oh, yeah, and ATMOS (5.2.2 0r 5.2.4) is awesome!

H

HarrazH

Enthusiast
Different classes of amps (G vs H vs D vs AB vs A) does NOT make them sound better or worse. They can all sound equally great.

RX-A2080 vs 3080? The 3080 can output about 300W x 2Ch into 4ohms while the 2080 can output about 260W x 2Ch into 4 ohms. Thus, the difference in power is insignificant as you said.

Sound quality of most AVRs (new or old) is equally great, especially in Direct/Bypass/Through/Straight modes.

The differences are usually in their features (Auto EQ, Manual EQ) and possible reliability and compatibility.

Everyone thinks differently. But personally, I think Denon/Marantz has better Auto EQ/Room Correction software, but Yamaha has better reliability, HDMI compatibility, WiFi remote app, and WiFi streaming.

If you've always used Yamaha and it has always worked perfectly for you, I see no reason to change now. :D

Oh, yeah, and ATMOS (5.2.2 0r 5.2.4) is awesome!
Thank you for the clarification, in this case and if I'm not big on armors for now(until i finish building the system), should i just use the one i have for now and invest more on the speakers?
I'm more interested to enhance my music experience more than the movies and that's why i was thinking of buying a new AV receiver in addition to the new speakers until i buy a dedicated amp.

I have heard a lot about Marantz for music but is the difference worth the extra 850$? Going from A2080 to SR 7013?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thank you for the clarification, in this case and if I'm not big on armors for now(until i finish building the system), should i just use the one i have for now and invest more on the speakers?
I'm more interested to enhance my music experience more than the movies and that's why i was thinking of buying a new AV receiver in addition to the new speakers until i buy a dedicated amp.

I have heard a lot about Marantz for music but is the difference worth the extra 850$? Going from A2080 to SR 7013?
Going from the A2080 to the SR7013 isn't an upgrade in sound quality for music or movies IMO.

First, Marantz and Denon are basically the same. Both are owned by the same company. Both are manufactured in the same factory. So a Marantz will sound like a Denon.

Second, there is nothing magical about any particular BRAND of AVR in terms of "musical" sound quality, especially if you use Direct/Through/Bypass modes. Personally, I would not buy Onkyo, Pioneer, Sony, but they will sound equally great in Bypass/Direct modes.

And if your AVR has enough power (like the A3080 can output about 300W x 2Ch into 4ohms), you don't need external amps since amps aren't magical either in sound quality. Any good quality amp that can output 300W x 2Ch into 4 ohms is going to sound as good as any good quality AVR that can output 300W x 2Ch into 4 ohm.

Will new speakers sound better than your current speakers? Possible. But you will have to listen and compare for yourself. If they don't sound better to you, then they are not better. But when you compare, try your best to compare the music using the same VOLUME.

Again, everyone will feel differently. You will get a different answer from everyone.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Does it make any difference in sound quality going from the current AV to any of the ones listed
Speakers make Sound. AVR's connects and switches your audio sources. Connects and switches your video sources. Decodes surround-sound formats. And Amplification.
A good Receiver should produce good Clean Power.

J

johnner1999

Junior Audioholic
Hi,
I already have a Yamaha RX-V667 which I bought around 10 years ago, I have Klipsch 8000F towers and the 504C and planning to buy svs BP2000 pro (maybe two of it).

Does it make any difference in sound quality going from the current AV to any of the ones listed in the title? This is my biggest focus! I'm looking at 5.2.2 or even 5.2.4 setup.

I'm leaning toward the A2080 for the price vs the value I'm getting, going up to A3080 or the SR 7013 is not really justified from reading the specs( just my untrained point of view :), please let me know your point of view).

Also Seems like Arcam uses a class G Amp which should produce better sound, but unfortunately it's not sold where I live but I can order it online, is it worth the premium money+ shipping + risk of warranty?

Also does it make sense to go for a low end AV receiver and add the difference in upgrading my front speakers? ( I just ordered the klipsch and can return and upgrade them, the only challenge is i have a very limited brands where i live)

Not trying to hijack your thread — rather posting to see where you landed. I have similar questions and speakers. Just posted this ....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis