Marantz 6011 or Pioneer SC-LX501

R

Rook14

Audiophyte
I am trying to decide between Marantz 6011 or Pioneer Elite SC-LX501. Has anyone heard of any issues with either one? Any preferences one way or the other? Any advice would be appreciated.
Current Set up:
Marantz 6003 A/V receiver
Paradigm E80 IW front speakers (in-wall)
RSL C34E in ceiling for surruonds
SVS SB 2000 subwoofer

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Why are you changing avr now? What features are important to you, why did you narrow it down to these two? I prefer Audyssey over MCACC but that may not be your preference; the XT32 version should be a nice upgrade from your basic MultEQ version, tho.

R

Rook14

Audiophyte
I hate to say this but it boils down to wi fi and airplay. My wife wants to stream from her iphone and I do not want to buy another apple product such as apple TV. I also have a Sony 4k 850C TV and figure a 4k pass thru might be of some use in the near future. I do like like my Marantz 6003. I do like the sound for 2 channel and it has been real solid for movies. It has been reliable for the most part except for HDMI handshake on occasion. I believe the pioneer has a better DAC then Marantz but I probabaly won't be able to tell the difference.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
The Pio is a Class D amp, if that matters to you.

R

Rook14

Audiophyte
That is actually why I am considering the pioneer. I don't have any experience with class D except for showroom floor. I like what I hear but have been trying to get a little more feedback in terms of likes and dislikes.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
You like the sound of the Marantz. I doubt that the Pioneer DAC has a better performance.
I own an SR5010 and it performs pretty well. It has Class AB amps too.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That is actually why I am considering the pioneer. I don't have any experience with class D except for showroom floor. I like what I hear but have been trying to get a little more feedback in terms of likes and dislikes.
I doubt you would discern any appreciable difference between them based on amp class....or dac.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis