marantz 5014 or the yamaha RX-A1080

S

sand87

Audioholic
i am getting a good deal in india for the marantz 5014 viz., 1052$ and rx-a1080 at smwhr around 1309 $.
seen some forums and people pointing hdmi issues with marantz.
any comments as to which wud be better??i mainly will use it for 50% music and 50% streaming netflix,prime,apple tv etc

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I read somewhere that the Yamaha will give electrical shocks! :)

Pick the one where the feature set works best for you. If you plan on using hdmi control then perhaps the Yamaha's hdmi certification process may yield an advantage....

S

sand87

Audioholic
I read somewhere that the Yamaha will give electrical shocks! :)

Pick the one where the feature set works best for you. If you plan on using hdmi control then perhaps the Yamaha's hdmi certification process may yield an advantage....
:D:Dthats of course me and am still on the hunt for a new receiver.yes i plan to use hdmi.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
My Marantz has no hdmi troubles and I hate Yamahas menus and language. If you can get your hands on both of them and run through the menus and stuff it might help.

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
You know the 6014 is 849 USD and probably a newer model and that is a brand new price

S

sand87

Audioholic
You know the 6014 is 849 USD and probably a newer model and that is a brand new price
well yes the 6014 is a better model and will be costing more for me in india for sure.i didnt check yet though but if it came closer to the yamaha rx-a1080 then wouldnt the aventage be a better buy.again i am aware that they are in totally diff leagues.wat i was concerned abt is the hdmi issues and the overheating being thrown around by many,but again i could be naive in believing that.just didnt want to burn too much money later if it happens to have these issues

Last edited:
M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
Yes, I am saying buy it from the USA and have it shipped. Even expensive shipping would make the value better.

I am not telling you to buy it from your store because I doubt they offer that type of deal. It is 899.99 on Amazon US. I posted in the deals section of the forums a website had it available for 899 and had a 50 dollar off coupon. Making it 849.99

Update: sorry just checked and they are all sold out on amazon. Not surprising at all. Accessories for less is BSing and changed the price cause it was too low and it's factory refurbished. Crutchfield had it too but they sold out as well. That was a killer deal

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes, I am saying buy it from the USA and have it shipped. Even expensive shipping would make the value better.

I am not telling you to buy it from your store because I doubt they offer that type of deal. It is 899.99 on Amazon US. I posted in the deals section of the forums a website had it available for 899 and had a 50 dollar off coupon. Making it 849.99

Update: sorry just checked and they are all sold out on amazon. Not surprising at all. Accessories for less is BSing and changed the price cause it was too low and it's factory refurbished. Crutchfield had it too but they sold out as well. That was a killer deal
The OP needs to check to see if :
1. The power is the same between India and the US.
2. If Yamaha will honor the warranty from an out of country vendor
3. If the company selling the product is an a Yamaha approved vendor.

I quite like the gui on the Yamaha...easy to follow and intuitive.

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
The OP needs to check to see if :
1. The power is the same between India and the US.
2. If Yamaha will honor the warranty from an out of country vendor
3. If the company selling the product is an a Yamaha approved vendor.

I quite like the gui on the Yamaha...easy to follow and intuitive.
Now 1. is poop you never think about hahahahaha. Went right over my head.

But at least with marantz you can always buy a 3rd party cable to make it work at that price. But it’s sold out for the good price.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Aside from basic compatibility electrically and lack of warranty the shipping and customs (particularly in India) would be fairly expensive on an individual basis....

S

sand87

Audioholic
ok so the marantz too is sold out here too and only the 5015 series is now avilable
which i dont want to buy on account if the hdmi issues.so now the confusions solved.

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
ok so the marantz too is sold out here too and only the 5015 series is now avilable
which i dont want to buy on account if the hdmi issues.so now the confusions solved.
Are you looking at or have you checked the hifi mart?

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
Aside from basic compatibility electrically and lack of warranty the shipping and customs (particularly in India) would be fairly expensive on an individual basis....
There goes something else that flew over my head, per usual. Volts

S

sand87

Audioholic
the hifimart is bit costly.i was getting it for a good deal but alas it got sold out.and yes the voltage diff btw US and india is there

S

sand87

Audioholic
the reason i sold my previous yamaha was the electric shock i was getting and thats why i was mainly considering marantz or the aventage range.also if possible i would have bought from the uk as they have 3 pin there which wud take care of the grounding but alas as smbody sid the customs here wud make it a heavily costly item

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There goes something else that flew over my head, per usual. Volts
Okay I'll break it down

The electrical systems are different between the two countries. Even if the device can internally be converted for use in the other system you'd likely still need to change/adapt the power plug.

If you bought something in the US and took it to India you'd no longer have the warranty as it is keyed to point of sale.

Freight and customs for goods to India can be quite expensive and frustrating for the individual dealing with such there. I'm a former customs broker/freight forwarder and India has always had a higher degree of expense and difficulty even for commercial transactions....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis