Mar a Lago raided by FBI

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I know I said this before, but the antics of Trump's lawyers reeks of extreme desperation.

It strongly suggests that there is something REALLY damning in the documents.
That... and also the news story that Trump himself packed the boxes for that first set of returns to the NARA... and asked a lawyer (Cannon) to state that it included everything... That lawyer would not.

Not a good look.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Not surprisingly, Trump is opposing the DOJ's request to expedite it's appeal. This a three-pronged strategy: delay, delay, and more delay.

That's what I heard anyway on Trump's adult life. Delay in court. Overstate the value of your properties when selling; understate on taxes.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
It looks like Christina Bobb is trying to wiggle out of hot water (how's that for a mixed metaphor?) based on the disclaimer that it was "based on information that has been provided to me."

>>>NBC News adds that Bobb insisted a disclaimer be added to the letter that it was based on “information that has been provided to me.” The person who provided said information, she told investigators, was Corcoran. “She had to insist on that disclaimer twice before she signed it,” a source told the outlet. “She is not criminally liable. She is not going to be charged. She is not pointing fingers. She is simply a witness for the truth.”<<<

Corcoran appears to have a pretty solid track record with regards to getting people he represents convicted:

>>>Bannon, who was represented by Evan Corcoran, was convicted of two counts of contempt of congress in July.<<<

Herschmann appears to be one of the few lawyers involved in the various Trump legal escapades who has cahones and common sense. From the abovethelaw blog post:

>>>“I will not rely on your say-so that privileges apply here and be put in the middle of a privilege fight between D.O.J. and President Trump,” Herschmann emailed Corcoran. And when Corcoran tried to call him to discuss it, he said he wasn’t going to get himself involved in a witness tampering charge, so Corky could put anything he had to say in writing, TYVM.

And furthermore Epshteyn was, in Herschmann’s opinion, “not in a position or qualified to opine on any of these issues” and was furthermore under subpoena in the Georgia state investigation of electoral interference, “should not in any way be involved in trying to influence, delay or prevent my testimony.”<<<

It's a snake eat snake legal world out there.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
When you read about a Trump lawyer the chances are that (s)he is a sleazeball, will become one in service of Trump, or find an exit as quick as possible one way or another.

The latest publicly known "exit" is Chris Kise, the former solicitor general for Florida , lasting less than a month but had the good sense of requiring an upfront $3 million funding for his services. That one did some reading about Trumps penchant for stiffing people, lawyers included, I guess.

Now Chris Kise is not so "involved".

It looks like Kise advised Trump to look for an off ramp, and Trump didn't want to hear it:

The 3 lawyers who signed the motion referred to in the Washington Post article are James Trusty, Lindsey Halligan, and Even Corcoran. These are not exactly legal heavyweights. Trump reportedly hired Trusty after seeing him on TV:

Halligan was mocked for failing to update her address with the court:

What a train wreck. With apologies to Johnny Cash "I hear that train a-comin, it's rolling 'round the bend . . ."

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
Good. But my clock is running out, need to see results before it does. :)
This whole fiasco is deep. Garland will indict Trump and throw the gauntlet at him for numerous crimes because he simply refuses to obey the law and lies.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
It looks like Kise advised Trump to look for an off ramp, and Trump didn't want to hear it:

The 3 lawyers who signed the motion referred to in the Washington Post article are James Trusty, Lindsey Halligan, and Even Corcoran. These are not exactly legal heavyweights. Trump reportedly hired Trusty after seeing him on TV:

Halligan was mocked for failing to update her address with the court:

What a train wreck. With apologies to Johnny Cash "I hear that train a-comin, it's rolling 'round the bend . . ."
South Florida is the most litigious place in the country.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Wow, Trump telling an aide after being served a subpoena that boxes with documents should be moved and this is corroborated with security-camera footage.

>>>A Trump employee has told federal agents about moving boxes of documents at Mar-a-Lago at the specific direction of the former president, according to people familiar with the investigation, who say the witness account — combined with security-camera footage — offers key evidence of Donald Trump’s behavior as investigators sought the return of classified material.

The witness description and footage described to The Washington Post offer the most direct account to date of Trump’s actions and instructions leading up to the FBI’s Aug. 8 search of the Florida residence and private club, in which agents were looking for evidence of potential crimes including obstruction, destruction of government records or mishandling classified information.

The people familiar with the investigation said agents have gathered witness accounts indicating that, after Trump advisers received a subpoena in May for any classified documents that remained at Mar-a-Lago, Trump told people to move boxes to his residence at the property. That description of events was corroborated by the security-camera footage, which showed people moving the boxes, said the people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation.
The employee who was working at Mar-a-Lago is cooperating with the Justice Department and has been interviewed multiple times by federal agents, according to the people familiar with the situation, who declined to identify the worker.

In the first interview, these people said, the witness denied handling sensitive documents or the boxes that might contain such documents. As they gathered evidence, agents decided to re-interview the witness, and the witness’s story changed dramatically, these people said. In the second interview, the witness described moving boxes at Trump’s request.
The witness is now considered a key part of the Mar-a-Lago investigation, these people said, offering details about the former president’s alleged actions and instructions to subordinates that could have been an attempt to thwart federal officials’ demands for the return of classified and government documents. ... <<<

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Supreme Court dismissed Trumps request with an unsigned order citing no noted dissents.

Bye-Bye-Bye!
Bye Bye Bye Bye GIF - Bye Bye Bye Bye Missionnsync - Discover & Share GIFs

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Supreme Court dismissed Trumps request with an unsigned order citing no noted dissents.

Bye-Bye-Bye!
Bye Bye Bye Bye GIF - Bye Bye Bye Bye Missionnsync - Discover & Share GIFs
I was thinking someone should make a movie about Trump's lawyers called "Snakes on a Train" but then I realized there was a already a movie by that name. Thus, I propose a sequel: "Snakes on a Train Wreck." Hopefully it will be just as forgettable as the original.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I was thinking someone should make a movie about Trump's lawyers called "Snakes on a Train" but then I realized there was a already a movie by that name. Thus, I propose a sequel: "Snakes on a Train Wreck." Hopefully it will be just as forgettable as the original.

I almost rainbowed you for that... ;)

We don't want to remember, but we definitely shouldn't forget!

My gawd... if the man had any honor he'd commit Seppuku.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord

As soon as I read "Snakes on a Train Wreck", I started thinking about train wrecks. And then I thought of flaming train wrecks on long narrow bridges. May Trump and his entire legal team take a short ride on the Black Sea Express.
1665693155557.png

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
The DOJ just appealed the appointment of the SM. This isn't all that surprising given the prior opinion of the 11th Circuit, but I'm not sure why the DOJ didn't file sooner.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
As soon as I read "Snakes on a Train Wreck", I started thinking about train wrecks. And then I thought of flaming train wrecks on long narrow bridges. May Trump and his entire legal team take a short ride on the Black Sea Express.
View attachment 58138
Just thought to ask, is that collapsed bridge in the foreground the result of the explosion that happened behind the railcars?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
The DOJ just appealed the appointment of the SM. This isn't all that surprising given the prior opinion of the 11th Circuit, but I'm not sure why the DOJ didn't file sooner.

Or perhaps the very first reason for an appeal?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Just thought to ask, is that collapsed bridge in the foreground the result of the explosion that happened behind the railcars?
Yes. It appears from photos that the so-called Kerch Bridge is really two physically separate bridges that run in parallel. One bridge has a total of 4 road lanes (2 lanes each direction). And the other bridge has 2 railroad lines (1 rail line each direction).

A large bomb, perhaps carried on a truck, collapsed the west-bound road lanes, but the east-bound lanes continued to stand. When that bomb exploded, a train was running on the nearby rail bridge that included a number of tanker cars. The explosion pierced and ignited several of those tanker cars. They obviously carried something highly flammable. Jet fuel? It is possible that the bomb was intentionally exploded when the flammable tanker cars were nearby.

I hope these photos make it clear. In the 1st photo, the collapsed road bridge is in the foreground, and the rail bridge is behind. See more photos here.
1665805107217.png

In the 2nd & 3rd photos, you can see the elevated spans of the 2 parallel bridges. Road bridge on the left, and rail bridge on the right.
1665805421588.png

Here are better views of the arches of the elevated spans. The arch of the rail bridge (right) is build to carry heavier loads than the road bridge (left).
1665805595220.png

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis