Mar a Lago raided by FBI

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
a) Politifact isn't a news reporting site but fact-checking. It's can't have any bias. If it doesn't correlate to your version of reality, it doesn't make it biased, rather makes you delusional a believer in Santa Claus.
b) As for the Poll, the pdf link provides a method for selecting the participants and accounts for the poll error margin, which is quite low.
c) The poll wasn't even conducted by Politifact.
What ........ you don't believe in Santa Claus ???? :eek:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

I'm not disputing the poll results, I just think a larger sample should be used if such a claim is to be made regarding a country with 168 million voters, especially with the typically low election turnout- Normally, Americans are unusually lazy when it comes to voting and I'm not sure how Biden would have received close to 16 million more votes than Hillary Clinton.

Edit- as I wrote, you don't accept this. That's not good or bad, it just is.
Well, 2020 wasn't a typical election year by a long shot. ;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did you see that some of the cargo containers have been tipped over? They don't seem to have fallen on their own.
That was the Arizona state with the containers, and from what I saw they hadn't finished securing the ones that were tipped/pulled over. I saw a headline that some of the flash flooding from the monsoons also took out another section of drumphy wall, tho.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
From your posts/links it's clear you prefer heavily biased reporting :)
I wish the republican pandering "news" sites were "just" "leaning" or biased. A much bigger issue is straight-out lies and propaganda. Fox News is about to learn a (hopefully expensive) lesson in news "opinion."

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I wish the republican pandering "news" sites were "just" "leaning" or biased. A much bigger issue is straight-out lies and propaganda. Fox News is about to learn a (hopefully expensive) lesson in news "opinion."
I hope Dominion hurts them bad, as well as the Faux "hosts" who spouted the nonsense repeatedly.

highfigh

highfigh

a) Politifact isn't a news reporting site but fact-checking. It's can't have any bias. If it doesn't correlate to your version of reality, it doesn't make it biased, rather makes you delusional a believer in Santa Claus.
b) As for the Poll, the pdf link provides a method for selecting the participants and accounts for the poll error margin, which is quite low.
c) The poll wasn't even conducted by Politifact.
I guess that if Politifact was asked, they would say they aren't biased......

https://www.politifact.com/article/2018/nov/06/politifact-not-biased-heres-why/

Find ANYTHING that's based on human perception or research and you'll find some bias- it's part of human nature. "can't have any bias"? Anything can be biased- say hi to Santa, the elves and the Reindeer for me.

The poll wasn't conducted by them, but the link posted by Trell is from them.

Low margin of error in a 1300 member poll is still not large enough when >160 Million voters exist in the country. That's .000008125- hardly enough to gauge the whole country.

highfigh

highfigh

The better question to ask is how Trump received 70+ million votes.
Those voters didn't want Biden. How did Biden receive >81 Million votes when Hillary only got about 62 million?

Look at the election results from 2000-2016- in 2000, a bit more than 101 million votes were cast and for 2004-2016, the total was around 120 million for each. Shooting up to 143 million from 2016? Where did those votes come from? I doubt the US has ever seen a 19% increase in votes cast in such a short time- it would have been more conceivable when the population was much lower.

This link has some interesting info/answers-

highfigh

highfigh

That was the Arizona state with the containers, and from what I saw they hadn't finished securing the ones that were tipped/pulled over. I saw a headline that some of the flash flooding from the monsoons also took out another section of drumphy wall, tho.
I saw a news report showing the containers and the ground didn't look like it had been disturbed by flooding, inability to support the weight and the small amount of soil that was disturbed was only at one corner- the rest was flat and that means it didn't fall on its own. If the soil had failed, the containers would have slid downhill and since the containers weren't on a slope, they should have stayed put.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I guess that if Politifact was asked, they would say they aren't biased......

https://www.politifact.com/article/2018/nov/06/politifact-not-biased-heres-why/

Find ANYTHING that's based on human perception or research and you'll find some bias- it's part of human nature. "can't have any bias"? Anything can be biased- say hi to Santa, the elves and the Reindeer for me.

The poll wasn't conducted by them, but the link posted by Trell is from them.

Low margin of error in a 1300 member poll is still not large enough when >160 Million voters exist in the country. That's .000008125- hardly enough to gauge the whole country.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
For those who are confident in their ability to predict elections, you could* invest $ in your predictions at predictit.org. Here are the current presidential nominations:

1661270739965.png

*For better or worse, it's being shut down so I'm not sure you could actually "invest" right now, even if you wanted to:

>>>As of April 2021, PredictIt holds an F rating with the Better Business Bureau, and it has not been accredited. . . . On August 4, 2022, the CFTC announced that Victoria University has not operated PredictIt in compliance with the terms of the no-action letter and as a result the no-action letter had been withdrawn. The CFTC stated that all related and remaining listed contracts and positions on PredictIt should be closed out and/or liquidated no later than 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on February 15, 2023.<<<

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
For those who are confident in their ability to predict elections, you could* invest $ in your predictions at predictit.org. Here are the current presidential nominations:
I didn't see any longer term "bets" but it looks like not many people are expecting Trump to be indicted by September 1:

1661271257507.png

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Man trying to predict any election these days after all the craziness the last couple years is like trying to predict the weather. I feel like I'd have better luck going to a fortune teller and having them predict the winning lotto numbers for me

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
The Republican party has become so obsessed with defending someone who isn't even in office (Trump) over his personal issues that it is becoming non-functional.

However, it's not really correct to say "we got rolled." [lame humor alert] They rolled themselves, then they smoked themselves.

>>>“Everything was moving so fast, the tax provisions were being debated on the fly, so there was very little time for groups to do that in-depth grassroots pushback like we saw during Obamacare,” said Cesar Ybarra, vice president of policy at conservative grassroots organization FreedomWorks. “To create buzz in this town and for it to penetrate across America, you need more time. So yeah, we got rolled.”

Far from a singular lapse, last week’s split-screen of the Mar-a-Lago search and the passage of the IRA provided a telling portrait of pistons that move modern Republican politics. Whereas conservative activism has, in past cycles, been driven by opposition to Democratic-authored policies or actions — from Obamacare to TARP— the modern version has been fed by culture-war issues and, more often than not, Trump himself.<<<

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis