Manos: The Hands of Fate - RiffTrax in theaters

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Me and some friends are going!

The stars of Mystery Science Theater 3000 are coming back to select movie theaters nationwide for only one night to take on one of the worst films of all time: "Manos" The Hands of Fate. Join Michael J. Nelson, Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett of RiffTrax.com on Thursday, August 16th for hilarious all-new riffing on a not-so-classic movie! This one night event will be your only chance to see the guys fire their wisecracking commentary at "Manos" The Hands of Fate on the big screen.

RiffTrax Live: "Manos" The Hands of Fate

Last edited by a moderator:
Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Manos was a hard one to sit through...even with the commentary.:D

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Wow, yeah, Manos was a painful watch even with the MST treatment. Thats rather bold of Mike to think he could do it better, not sure if he was a writer at the time of the original.

I like Rifftrax, especially their treatment of the new StarWars. But I have to give it up to Joel for doing Cinematic Titanic, which is a live riffing of bad movies. I saw it in Atlanta and it was spectacular. Just about all of the MST cast were former stand up comics, so its only appropriate.

Maybe to compete with Hometheater Magazine, Audioholics will pick up Joel to provide pointless commentary....

... but then theres that whole self respect thing that they both have!

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
The experience was loads of fun and the commentary pretty much hilarious! Well worth the $12.50 spent. I am planning on going again in October to see BIRDEMIC, they are doing all new material for this one as well.

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
RiffTrax | Movies made funny!

Wasn't going to go see the Birdemic seeing how I have a used Bluray going of it this week and was going to download the Rifftrax to go along with it so I can share it with friends here at the house. But it was so much fun at the theater and I hear they will be doing all new material with Birdemic as well, I am looking forward to it. :)

astrodon

astrodon

Audioholic
Wow, yeah, Manos was a painful watch even with the MST treatment. Thats rather bold of Mike to think he could do it better, not sure if he was a writer at the time of the original.

I like Rifftrax, especially their treatment of the new StarWars. But I have to give it up to Joel for doing Cinematic Titanic, which is a live riffing of bad movies. I saw it in Atlanta and it was spectacular. Just about all of the MST cast were former stand up comics, so its only appropriate.

Maybe to compete with Hometheater Magazine, Audioholics will pick up Joel to provide pointless commentary....

... but then theres that whole self respect thing that they both have!
FYI, yes Mike was the head writer for MST3K at that time. "Manos - The Hands of Fate" was the last show of season 4 (episode 424). As a metter of fact, Mike played Torgo as a pizza delivery man on the ending Deep 13 skit of that episode (he does a great Torgo).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis