Make the most of budget HTS with cables?

S

Spiff

Audiophyte
I just got the Athena Micra 6 system which I'll be using with my Harman Kardon AVR130. The Athena system comes with all the speaker wires but without an RCA cable for the subwoofer.

I got a great price on the speakers and am willing to shell out on some good wires if it will substantially improve the sound. I have a great ear but (after browsing through this site for a while) am severely lacking in technical knowledge.

Hooked up to my receiver are a few gaming systems and a DVD player, all connected via S-Video + composite.

Given a 10' x10' listening area, which RCA calbe should I get for my sub, and which (if any) cables should I pick up for the other 5 speakers?

Any advice would be great. I had to swallow a dose of reality to pick up such a budget system but I think it'll work out in the room size, I just want to get the most out of it.

Thanks.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Spiff said:
I just got the Athena Micra 6 system which I'll be using with my Harman Kardon AVR130. The Athena system comes with all the speaker wires but without an RCA cable for the subwoofer.

I got a great price on the speakers and am willing to shell out on some good wires if it will substantially improve the sound. I have a great ear but (after browsing through this site for a while) am severely lacking in technical knowledge.

Hooked up to my receiver are a few gaming systems and a DVD player, all connected via S-Video + composite.

Given a 10' x10' listening area, which RCA calbe should I get for my sub, and which (if any) cables should I pick up for the other 5 speakers?

Any advice would be great. I had to swallow a dose of reality to pick up such a budget system but I think it'll work out in the room size, I just want to get the most out of it. Thanks.
You don't need expensive RCA interconnect to the sub by any means. A number of local stores should be available for you to get the length you need. WalMart, Target, maybe Home Depot, Radio Shack, a local electronics store, etc. No need for Monster cables, over priced.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis