MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Release date is on the 14th. Considering purchasing it. I wonder how fun running the wild cat offense is? Any input from somone who has or is going to play this game is appreciated. Are there any annoyances or bugs that seem to plague every installment.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
Release date is on the 14th. Considering purchasing it. I wonder how fun running the wild cat offense is? Any input from somone who has or is going to play this game is appreciated. Are there any annoyances or bugs that seem to plague every installment.
I haven't bought the past couple years of Madden because I was getting too annoyed with the gameplay, and I haven't been all that impressed with their "additions" each year, and online play was just way too frustrating (too many people exploiting stupid tricks as opposed to actually playing football). My biggest problem is that the last good set of controls was Madden 2005, and then they keep changing them each year!!

This one sounds a bit better than the last 3 years or so. I may pick it up used.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
The last Madden I purchased was 08. It is fun but it was so glitchy. I agree playing online can be frustrating, it is very hard to find a "good game". Some are just so damn good at the game that they destroy you (which isn't fun) or they find cheap exploits.

A few issues that I have read about this game is that the D-lineman get a lot of interceptions and that the blocking down field is poor (characters will go in opposite directions of where the play is going). Still debating whether to get it tomorrow.

R

redass

Junior Audioholic
I'm due for a madden upgrade this year... I buy it every other year, as I am only willing to be half the sucker EA would like me to be. not like they do major improvements every year, anywway.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I picked up Madden 10 while going to renew my drivers license. I started a franchise and have played a few games. The last Madden I played was 08. Even after playing a few preseason games Madden 10 is much improved over 08 (haven't played 09). Gameplay is so much better, the first thing I noticed is the gameplay is slowed done compared to previous installments. This is excellent, I find this to be a more realistic in which I can see the play develop and make my reads more carefully. The playbooks are expanded including the wildcat. I found 08 to be really glitchy which definetly held that game back. Those issues are gone and fumbles and interceptions are much more realisitic. I have thrown a few pics and fumbled once. On the fumble my punt returner muffed the catch, what I didn't expect is was players piling on. A contextual popped up and you have to tap buttons to fight for the ball. I was caught of guard and lost the ball (I like this feature). I have also played some of the minigames for the Madden test and they are very fun.

Now on to things I do not like. Even just after the first game I noticed a trend. If you are even close to a first down or score a close touchdown the refs will come out and measure the ball or decide if it is touchdown or not. This happens very frequently in the game and it is annoying. I have tried to skip this but every button I have tried doesn't quit the cutscene. I am also not that big of a fan of the menus, but that is more a preference thing.

The game is difficult as well,even playing on All-Pro is challenging and fun at the same time.

This is the best Madden next gen game I have played so far. Despiste a few annoying things, these should not hold back the actual football experience. It is great.

Last edited:
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I picked up Madden 10 while going to renew my drivers license. I started a franchise and have played a few games. The last Madden I played was 08. Even after playing a few preseason games Madden 10 is much improved over 08 (haven't played 09). Gameplay is so much better, the first thing I noticed is the gameplay is slowed done compared to previous installments. This is excellent, I find this to be a more realistic in which I can see the play develop and make my reads more carefully. The playbooks are expanded including the wildcat. I found 08 to be really glitchy which definetly held that game back. Those issues are gone and fumbles and interceptions are much more realisitic. I have thrown a few pics and fumbled once. On the fumble my punt returner muffed the catch, what I didn't expect is was players piling on. A contextual popped up and you have to tap buttons to fight for the ball. I was caught of guard and lost the ball (I like this feature). I have also played some of the minigames for the Madden test and they are very fun.

Now on to things I do not like. Even just after the first game I noticed a trend. If you are even close to a first down or score a close touchdown the refs will come out and measure the ball or decide if it is touchdown or not. This happens very frequently in the game and it is annoying. I have tried to skip this but every button I have tried doesn't quit the cutscene. I am also not that big of a fan of the menus, but that is more a preference thing.

The game is difficult as well,even playing on All-Pro is challenging and fun at the same time.

This is the best Madden next gen game I have played so far. Despiste a few annoying things, these should not hold back the actual football experience. It is great.
All-Pro is supposed to be on par with All-Madden from last year.

I'm playing NCAA 10 and the AI is way better. They fixed the clock managment issues and fumbling was fixed in 09 FYI. The sliders are helpful for tweaking the game to your liking. Also they fixed speed rating in 09. Now only the fastest person in the game is 99. No one else.

The slow down was needed, but 05 is stil my favorite too. I literally destroyed my friends in that game. I could throw and run like crazy back then. Now my passing stinks again from lack of practice. I can still outrun most folks though. Playing RB superstars helps. One helpful thing to do for most people is to take over a blocker on the running plays. But then again I block better than most folks on the game. Being a RB superstar helps with that a lot.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
All-Pro is supposed to be on par with All-Madden from last year.

I'm playing NCAA 10 and the AI is way better. They fixed the clock managment issues and fumbling was fixed in 09 FYI. The sliders are helpful for tweaking the game to your liking. Also they fixed speed rating in 09. Now only the fastest person in the game is 99. No one else.

The slow down was needed, but 05 is stil my favorite too. I literally destroyed my friends in that game. I could throw and run like crazy back then. Now my passing stinks again from lack of practice. I can still outrun most folks though. Playing RB superstars helps. One helpful thing to do for most people is to take over a blocker on the running plays. But then again I block better than most folks on the game. Being a RB superstar helps with that a lot.
I am about 5 games into the regular season and I would have to say this is my favorite madden to date. I love the slowed done gameplay. Playing on all-pro. I struggled in the preseason and started 0-3 in the regular season but now I have just pulled of 4 consecutive victories. I am playing with the Bills and they are not highly rated so it took some time to find stuff that worked because I believe they have the worst rated offensive line in the game and Edwards does not have an accurate long ball so you really have to pick your spots.

I use my tight ends, rb's/fullback, 3rd/4th wr a lot in this game and it is very succesfull and hot route my main wr's to out patterns or curls if they give me some breathing room, however I am still struggling with the slant patterns. The slip screen is a cool play to watch develop and it is quite successful against the computer. The Bills also have the wildcat in their playbock which is always good for 3-4 yards.

Now on defense I was struggling to get pressure on the qb at first and was getting lit up in the middle of the field. Then against 3/4 wr sets I played around with the dime flat package and this works very well against the run and the pass. The CPU loves to pass. I pinch the line which glogs up the middle and usually bring heat from the corners which will stop an outside run and put pressure on the Qb. I also rush with my DE and he seems to be good for 2-4 sacks per game now. The cpu offense on all pro seems to struggle against this defense. CPU also likes to go to the flats on third and <4 and always looking out for that.

What I have not figured out is how to stop the no huddle offense going into halftime and at the end of the game. The CPU destroys me usually and they get a field goal or even a touchdown.

My KR is doing awesome and I have returned 3 kicks for td's and looking to have a pro bowl season along with my kicker and de.

I am having a blast with this game. My favorite football game to date.

Last edited:
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
This game is slow, but this is a good thing. Now players make real breakaway runs. I like that they can now seperate real talent and speed.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
this game looks good

This game is outstanding! There was one average review given by gamespot. Some issues I have is that you can't skip refs coming out to measure a firstdown, same thing with refs deciding on a touch down. These things hopefully get fixed in a patch but I don't find it to hinder the overall quality of the game. It is an awesome simulated football experience.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
This game is outstanding! There was one average review given by gamespot. Some issues I have is that you can't skip refs coming out to measure a firstdown, same thing with refs deciding on a touch down. These things hopefully get fixed in a patch but I don't find it to hinder the overall quality of the game. It is an awesome simulated football experience.
The pile thing is stupid though. I turn that off. I wish they would leave crap like that out of a simulation type game. Button Mashing is not a skill in my book.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
The pile thing is stupid though. I turn that off. I wish they would leave crap like that out of a simulation type game. Button Mashing is not a skill in my book.
I like it. Fighting for a loose ball in a pile from a fumble is realistic. Some nasty things occur in those piles fighting for the ball. :eek: I rarely fumble, if I know I will not get passed the defender I will protect the ball.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I like it. Fighting for a loose ball in a pile from a fumble is realistic. Some nasty things occur in those piles fighting for the ball. :eek: I rarely fumble, if I know I will not get passed the defender I will protect the ball.
Not the way they do it. It requires no skill just button mashing. Thankfully they turn it off.

S

StereoNewb

Enthusiast
I agree I turned off that fight for the ball control, much better game play than previous years though, and I like the idea that you can update the rosters online

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I have no XBox 360 or PS3, but I have a nice gaming PC.

I'm SOL.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Neither is grabbing at a ball in a pile of people.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis