MA GS10 Sierra 1 opinions?

H

Halvie

Junior Audioholic
Anyone have an opinion on these two speakers. Which do you prefer and why. Where do you think they fall short?

Thanks
Troy

G

Guangui

Full Audioholic
Anyone have an opinion on these two speakers. Which do you prefer and why. Where do you think they fall short?

Thanks
Troy
Haven't heard the Sierra's, so I will not say anything about them. Now, I have heard GS10's, and they are one of my favorite speakers. For their price I don't find any flaws with them, actually I enjoy very much the way they convey voices, especially deep male voices. Imaging, soundstage, mid detail, highs clarity, and bass are tops within the $1500/pr. price range.

H

Halvie

Junior Audioholic
Just got confirmation that my Sierras shipped. The on thing that has me worried about them is all this talk about their lacking midrange I have read about. Hopefully the comments are overblown. Thanks for the opinions so far guys.

Guangui would you agree with the GS10 reviews that say the low end starts to roll off quickly in the high 60s?

Last edited:
MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
The midrange comments are vastly overblown. The tweeter will require some softening for a month and a friendly environment is also important.

G

Guangui

Full Audioholic
Just got confirmation that my Sierras shipped. The on thing that has me worried about them is all this talk about their lacking midrange I have read about. Hopefully the comments are overblown. Thanks for the opinions so far guys.

Guangui would you agree with the GS10 reviews that say the low end starts to roll off quickly in the high 60s?
I would say high 50's

G

Guangui

Full Audioholic
From what I have read about the Sierra's I would venture and say that GS10 is easier to set up and more forgiving to the environment.

I think the price difference between both models, with the GS10 being more expensive, makes believe they are in different categories. Haven't met an MA Gold Series detractor yet. Have heard people that have said they like something else, but not in a way that degrades the GS.

H

Halvie

Junior Audioholic
For the price I can get the gs10 there isn't a huge difference...about $150. I ended up going with the piano black shielded sierras which added a bit to the cost.

I am would be buying from an out of state authorized dealer so it isn't like I can return the MAs not liking them.

I also wanted to try out the mbs-01, but like every freaking ID at the moment it seems they are out of stock.

I liked the rs1 I had several months ago, but in the reviews it seems that the gs10 have a couple of the same faults which worries me...when spending that kind of cash (i.e. port noise, woofer has to "work to hard" on some types of music).

lol sorry for the random thoughts...

G

Guangui

Full Audioholic
For the price I can get the gs10 there isn't a huge difference...about $150. I ended up going with the piano black shielded sierras which added a bit to the cost.

I am would be buying from an out of state authorized dealer so it isn't like I can return the MAs not liking them.

I also wanted to try out the mbs-01, but like every freaking ID at the moment it seems they are out of stock.

I liked the rs1 I had several months ago, but in the reviews it seems that the gs10 have a couple of the same faults which worries me...when spending that kind of cash (i.e. port noise, woofer has to "work to hard" on some types of music).

lol sorry for the random thoughts...
The first time I heard the GS10 I was at my local MA dealer looking at the on-wall Radius series to use in my family room. The local MA dealer has a second floor with three huge listening rooms dedicated to MA, a Radius room, a Silver room, and a Gold room. When I opened the door of the Radius room I heard this wonderful blues music with trains on the background, when I went over to where the music was coming from it was in the Gold room a CD being played thru GS10's. My reaction was WOW!!! Bass was very good and tight, everything was so coherent. Didn't notice any chuffing, or any over extension of the woofer. The best thing is to audition.

H

Halvie

Junior Audioholic
Yeah that review is one of the ones that has me questioning how "good" they are.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis