M-Audio M3-6 Powered Studio Monitor Speakers

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The M-Audio M3-6 is a 3-Way Powered Studio Monitor featuring a 6" kevlar bass unit, 5" kevlar coaxial mid with a 1" silk dome tweeter with integrated waveguide. The monitor is tri-amped with 160 watts per speaker using Class AB amplifiers. MSRP is around $499/pair.

I found these beauties when perusing the M-Audio website.

M-Audio_M3-6_Pair_weblg.jpg

Features
  • Real wood baffle; optimized internal bracing
  • Inline mid- & high-frequency drivers offer superior imaging
  • 6" woven Kevlar low-frequency driver
  • 5" woven Kevlar mid-frequency driver
  • 1" silk dome tweeter with integrated waveguide
  • Tri-amp Class A/B power, 160 Watts total
  • XLR and 1/4" balanced inputs; RCA unbalanced input
  • 3-band EQ with bypass; switchable low-cut filter
  • Rear-mounted volume and power control
These seem like an absolute bargain and I can't help but wonder why there isn't more chatter about these speakers and this brand on our forum? Has anyone heard these personally? Please share your experiences.
M-Audio_M3-6_back_weblg.jpg

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
They are pretty and for only $500/pair of fully active speakers too. Very nice.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Yea compare that to the $500 Atmos speakers from Def Tech :eek:

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
You know, M-Audio is one of those companies in a really weird share of the market (In My Opinion).

They aren't quite high-end, but they aren't quite junk / low end either. They do a lot of products, and do a lot of products well. I don't think I've ever been blown away by M-Audio, but the bang for the buck always keeps them on my radar. At the same time, I don't think I've ever been severely disappointed in them either.

I guess if there is a true Mid-Fi Segment, then I would probably consider M-Audio to be the king of the Mid-Fi hill.

Now, these monitors in particular: Kind of rare to see a 3-way studio monitor. Then, even odder to have it coax.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis