Lower Budget speakers for room layout $1500CA

G

Gregory01

Audiophyte
I have looked and reviewed for months now and still difficult to come down to choices. Posted in a couple of other forums so far also
My old JBL L7 died quite a while back :(
Pioneer VSX-LX103 and Jamo 200 downfiring sub
I bought the Kanto YU 4 and neumi centre to see how they fair as budget speaker to get by for time being.

Fronts need to be bookshelf and rears could be either bookshelf or floor standing

Looked at many like:
Most Triangle products.
Q Acoustics 5020 5010 and 5090 centre. Above budget
Emotiva - stock issues
Arendal 1961 = out of stock
Q Acoustic 3030I 3010I and 3090I centre
Wharfedale 12.0 but unsure about rears and centre ... Wharefdale Lintons - Above Budget but very nice though
Polk ES20 ES15 and ES 30 centre.
Couple of other of course like Sony SScss ( seems to have bass issues) or Elac but unsure.

Recommendations so far though:
Wharedale 12.0 or Lintons
Polk ES series
Mission LX 2
JBL A130 but unsure of rears and centre but for sound imaging apparently that are good for price point
Q Acoustics seem to have alot of reviews of positives and negative more so from I have reviewed and view points all over the place :)

This is for movies, play games, and music with fairly balanced sound.
My Setup basically is : Hardwood floors on concrete :( Need to turn down bass just enough for me to hear but not say as far the bedroom... Bedroom = downstairs complaints :)
BIG questions is : Do I really need to spend $$$$ for this setup. I like voice clarity, bird chipping.. water running, ping of bells.. clarity of voices and bass that rolls well without offending lol just little nuances in sound.. with in a reasonable price .

Yet, reality is there are way to many choices out there and I really don't know how people are able to find what they actually need or want where it's personal or professional. I have researched many speaker brands that aren't even listed here also

A
FloorPlan.png

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis