Low Center Channel Volume(Yamaha RX-A1050)

K

Kaz123

Audiophyte
Hi,

I have Yamaha RX-A1050 and Monitor Audio bronze center channel and KEF Q300 LR. After YPAO setup I manually verified channel volume level using SPL meter and made minor adjustments to make sure all channel is of same volume. But for what ever reason Dialog Volume on center channel is poor. how to best adjust the channel volume. Setting center channel volume max doesn't balance with other channel. I did multi point measurement and also have set crossover to 80hz on all channels. Please advice

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hi,

I have Yamaha RX-A1050 and Monitor Audio bronze center channel and KEF Q300 LR. After YPAO setup I manually verified channel volume level using SPL meter and made minor adjustments to make sure all channel is of same volume. But for what ever reason Dialog Volume on center channel is poor. how to best adjust the channel volume. Setting center channel volume max doesn't balance with other channel. I did multi point measurement and also have set crossover to 80hz on all channels. Please advice
Is it vocals that seem low? Did you confirm that it isnt wired out of phase?

K

Kaz123

Audiophyte
Is it vocals that seem low? Did you confirm that it isnt wired out of phase?
Yes it is vocal. I use center channel only for movies.Music most of the time it is on 2 channel stereo. Wiring is fine.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think it's all about the actual contents.

Some contents are mixed with higher center dialogue volumes (boosted by 3-5 dB),some are mixed with lower center dialogue volumes.

Since the DISCRETE Center speaker is mainly for dialogue, boosting the center speaker by a few dBs is perfectly okay IMO.

It's not rocket science or neurosurgery. :D

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I'd raise the crossover and increase the level. Say 120hz and start with 3db incriminate.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis