Love my $6,500 system ... what would you Upgrade Next???

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I would upgrade either your powerstrip to one of the ones made from Mapleshade or replace the wall outlet using the Mapleshade one. Here is a review:
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0502/clearview.htm

Power feeds all of your gear so when you got the equipment right I would start from the power source and work back to the gear. Outlet, power conditioner, power cords. After that I find the digital cable makes a HUGE difference between your source and your AVR.
Mapleshade is one of the worst! They offer more BS than most GROUPS of companies!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
When I want science, I look in the mirror. I have been making a living in the science field for over a decade.

Back to the topic at hand for the OP.

Spend your $ on room treatments, an area guaranteed to give you measured improvements. Spending $ on cables won't give you a measurable difference, much less an audible difference.

Now, a question for witchdoctor: Are you suggesting that cables would be a better investment than room treatments and provide more of an improvement than room treatments?

Do you suppose that Hollywood and that various sound engineers spend their money on room treatments or on fancy cables? Almost certainly, your music was recorded and mastered on equipment with general run of the mill cabling, so why would fancy cables at playback make a difference if the actual recording didn't have the same or better cables?

If you want GOOD QUALITY (broadcast quality) cables at a FAIR (not cheap) price, then look no further than BJC
http://www.bluejeanscable.com/
Dredging this post from the past because I didn't see it, but....

Yes, Hollywood spends its money on room treatments and sometimes, fancy cables. I have never been in a recording studio that didn't use acoustical treatments and wasn't designed for the best sound they could afford. Some engineers do ads for fancy cables and one person who used to work for Furman is now at AQ, has a degree in EE and is a musician. He spouts all kinds of crap, but even when I went to the Furman seminar where he spoke, some of it was from Looneyville.

If a studio spends money on something, you can bet that they want better results from it, but they sometimes get freebies, to compensate them for making ads for the manufacturers. Some would make the ads even if they received nothing.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis