B

bmac

Audioholic
1) My room has no ambient light problems(basement), and I'm projecting onto a flat white wall.How much will a screen improve my picture, is it worth the money? I like the image I'm getting, but everyone seems too have a screen. Am I missing something?

2)Do I need better speakers? I like the sound, but am I missing the boat here as well?

3)Movie Posters, I'm a Sci Fi/Fantasy buff, suggestions.I want Star Wars, Jaws,and Raiders.Where do you find cheap.....inexpensive frames.

WorldLeader

WorldLeader

Full Audioholic
If you have no ambient light in your room, a screen might not help anything. Make sure that you carefully check over your wall and sand everything smooth for the best picture.

Your speakers are probably fine, but if you want more you could invest in a new subwoofer. This would add more BAM to your system. Of course, I have no idea what speakers or subwoofer you are using now so you may be fine.

You can make your own frames, but your best bet is to find a craft store like Hobby Lobby and get them there. There are pretty cheap and look good.

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
There is some special paint that is used when projecting pictures directly on a wall. A Google search may help you find it.:cool:

J

JaceTheAce

Audioholic
bmac said:
Where do you find cheap.....inexpensive frames.
IKEA.

VERY VERY VERY VERY inexpensive. If you don't have an Ikea near you, check your local Wal-Mart or Target. They have descent frames for very cheap that are the exact size for movie posters.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
There are tons of places on the web that sell movie poster frames. After much research, I purchased frames from Wholesale Posterframes through an ebay offering. You can buy them direct through their company website to get customized sizes, or on ebay where they also sell them individually, or in blocks.
http://cgi.ebay.com/27-x-40-UV-FILTERING-MOVIE-POSTER-FRAMES-27x40-FRAME-B_W0QQitemZ110011960050QQihZ001QQcategoryZ60334QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
They ship extremely fast, and the fit and finish is excellent.

There are also a ton of places selling movie posters.
http://www.movieposter.com/
I went through this company for posters. The website is excellent because you can navigate by poster type(origional or reprint), size, price range, date, etc, etc, etc. It was much easier to find exactly what I was looking for by using this service.

PS... A word of warning. If you plan to buy the cheaper reprints, the sizes will vary and they will not conform to the standard 27x40 poster size. For example, a reprint might arrive, and it might measure 26.5x38.5 which means it wont fit your frame correctly. If you buy origionals, they will fit your 27x40 frame perfectly. Granted, if you want to buy SW, Raiders, Jaws, and other various classics, you'll need to buy reprints, just be aware that they wont be exactly 27x40. I was looking into buying some classics too until I discovered reprint sizes are not standard, so I opted for new releases instead... IE. Superman-returns, Pirates2, etc, etc.... and newer posters like that.

I bought a 4-pack of 27x40 frames, a large 30x40 frame, and five origional posters from the above websites, and the products were excellent quality, and they arrived within a few business days. These are high quality polished aluminum frames, and they'll probably cost more than a cheap Wal-Mart alternative, but they're a higher quality frame & look awesome.

Good Luck

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis