Lot's of help needed

M

Mark Hogquist

Enthusiast
Please excuse my ignorance. This is all brand new to me. I have multiple questions. Any feedback is highly appreciated!
I finally found a pair of cans I really like. After listening to approximately 25 sets on my phone, I really enjoyed both the fit and sound of the Beyerdynamic t51i. I haven't purchased them yet, as I can't locate a pair of the P model for my android phone. I know the I model will work, but the idea that I can't use the volume on the cord may drive me a bit nuts.
I also stumbled across the Dt1350s, but didn't have a chance to listen to them. So here's my questions. The 1350s are rated at 60 Ohms, the t51s at 32. I think, and emphasize "think" I may want to purchase a portable Dac. It's either that or trade my LG G6 in on a V30. If I do that, I'll want the 1350s in order to activate the quad Dac (so I've read). How do these two cans compare in terms of sound with an android phone? On to the 2nd part. I'm looking at Tidal and Qobuz for downloading Flac files. Do I have to use their respective apps to listen to the files? I've never done this before. Would anyone recommend one over the other? Is my LG G6 even capable of supporting Flac music files? When I download (purchase) music from Tidal, does it simply go into the Tidal music player?
So in summary, dt1350 or t51i, V30 or portable Dac for my G6, Tidal or Qobuz and how exactly does that work? I don't want to spend too much on a portable amp, maybe 70 bucks. Any recommendations for those specific cans paired with my G6? I really look forward to responses. I've exhausted myself researching, literally.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Headphone listening is a very personal experience, and the shape of your ear makes your listening preference, a unique one.

Just like the with loudspeakers, I only recommend going out and hearing as much as you can. Listener bias can sway any argument. But it sounds like you've chosen which headphone you prefer, hopefully it will become available soon!

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Please excuse my ignorance. This is all brand new to me. I have multiple questions. Any feedback is highly appreciated!.
Mark
welcome to the forum and I hope you find lots of answers here as well as some enjoyment of the audio hobby.

I'm with TheWarrior on headphones. If they sound good to you, that's really all that matters. If they fit you and you like the comfort, that's a giant plus. I have listened to many a headphone that sounded good but pinched my head or bothered my floppy ears.

I have a wide number of headphones for different usage. One set rarely covers all the listening types.
My only exception is the cheap plastic earbuds. Those I can't abide.

I also purchased a small rechargeable headphone amp when I was traveling a lot. It worked with my iPod and took the digital output right in to the amp (vs the 3.5mm mini jack). I loved that thing because I could really rock the volume on a good set of headphones. Then my ipods died one by one and I haven't replaced them. Sigh. Phones don't have a digital output so my little amp is stranded. That's "progress" I guess.

Have fun choosing multiple sets of headphones. That's usually what most folks who have a bad case of musical love while walking around do. Really, you can't go wrong.

Enjoy your time here. Its worth it. Although, its expensive because you start buying stuff.............:)

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Enjoy your time here. Its worth it. Although, its expensive because you start buying stuff.............:)
No kidding. I came here with a single curiosity. 2 AVR's, a tube amp, 6 pairs of speakers, and 5 subwoofers later. . . . :D

M

Mark Hogquist

Enthusiast
I know that drill. My main hobby is enthusiast JDM fishing gear. Rods, reels, lures, etc. I could see this getting significantly more expensive than even that.
I purchased the Beyerdynamic t51i cans for my G6. I'll just learn to live the non functioning volume control on the wire. These headphones sounded pretty great alone, but I still think I want to add a small portable amp dac to the mix. Actually, the smaller in size, the better. Any solid recommendations?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
JDM fishing gear? Wow, learn something new every day. Coming from the car world I always associated JDM with cars, though I see no reason it can't apply to other things as well.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
JDM fishing gear? Wow, learn something new every day. Coming from the car world I always associated JDM with cars, though I see no reason it can't apply to other things as well.
I too have been into the JDM fishing gear. Mostly Shimano here, but it's been a few years. Some I have are 30+ yrs old and still in regular use.

M

Mark Hogquist

Enthusiast
Haha, yeah it's a pretty big market now. Heavy hitters like Megabass are everywhere. It's pretty cool stuff. I just ordered a new rod from Olympic Graphiteleader the same time I ordered my headphones lol. Honestly, I almost decided on a pair of Audio Technica cans, simply because they're a Japanese company (though I'm sure some stuff is manufactured elsewhere).
Speaking of which, are the Ath M50X as good as all the reviews I've come across? They seem to be the benchmark when comparing similarly priced cans. I may pick up a set just to try.

M

Mark Hogquist

Enthusiast
I too have been into the JDM fishing gear. Mostly Shimano here, but it's been a few years. Some I have are 30+ yrs old and still in regular use.
Absolutely love Shimano Jdm rods. Their rod blanks are fantastic. That being said, I'm a Daiwa guy when it comes to reels.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Absolutely love Shimano Jdm rods. Their rod blanks are fantastic. That being said, I'm a Daiwa guy when it comes to reels.
I like both Daiwa and Shimano reels. Shimano blanks, even the domestic offerings I could usually find an affordable performer and the profile I prefer. For years I've used Kunan (most of which have been rebuilt twice by now) blanks and old Fenwick HMG Iron Hawks. Still, my favorite baitcast rod happens to be an old rebuilt Daiwa 6'6" medium action Powermesh rod from 1980-something.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL and the only thing I think of when I see Shimano are bike components....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis