Lost All Zone Stereo Marantz Av7705

T

Twolee

Audiophyte
Went to listen as usual to all speakers and nothing. It says All Zone Stereo on the Av face, but it only plays 2ch thru my FR and FL speakers. I went through all connections, switched cables, and turned off individual power on all components to reset. Days on end now, can't figure it out. Any help greatly appreciated!

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
All zone stereo or all channel/multichannel stereo, guess thats the mode you want?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Do the zone(s) work individually/separately?

Otherwise I'd try a soft reset (unplug the avr for a bit) and if that didn't do it a full factory/microprocessor reset of the avr.....

T

Twolee

Audiophyte
Do the zone(s) work individually/separately?

Otherwise I'd try a soft reset (unplug the avr for a bit) and if that didn't do it a full factory/microprocessor reset of the avr.....
I am only using the Main Zone. I don't have any setups for Zone 2 & 3. But I love the sound out of all 7.1 channels when I watch tv shows like American Idol and the Voice. I did the soft reset, no results. I was avoiding the hard reset as a last resort...thank you for the reply.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I am only using the Main Zone. I don't have any setups for Zone 2 & 3. But I love the sound out of all 7.1 channels when watch tv shows like American Idol and the Voice. I did the soft reset, no results. I was avoiding the hard reset as a last resort...
All zone stereo or all channel stereo? Sounds like you want all channel stereo (or whatever the equivalent on your avr is, with Marantz maybe multi ch stereo).

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
I checked on my marantz processor, it should say “Multi ch Stereo” on the display for the mode you want.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Changing the sound mode you probably need to long press (3 seconds or so) on the appropriate sound mode button on your remote before the menu of sound modes pops up to select multi ch stereo from.....

T

Twolee

Audiophyte
I guess I want all channels, but I don't think there is a setting for that. There is a setting for 7.1 input, but it can only be used for that, 7.1 input from a component source. The All Zone Stereo I think was intended for the user to play the same stereo sound through all zones, like up and down stairs, or obviously any other room I guess. When I power on, the default is stereo FR FL and Center plus Sub 1 . I am using ARC from the tv with the proper 4k cables also. I am going to try a movie now to check 7.1 channel sount.

T

Twolee

Audiophyte
I checked on my marantz processor, it should say “Multi ch Stereo” on the display for the mode you want.

Yes, it does say All Zone Stereo on the display, but only 2ch sound plays. That is exactly the issue! thanks

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Yes, it does say All Zone Stereo on the display, but only 2ch sound plays. That is exactly the issue! thanks
You probably know how to change the mode now that you know the problem but just in case its the red/green/blue buttons that can cycle through the modes.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Stereo generally means 2ch playback, so if it's playing 2ch in all zones that's one thing, multi ch stereeo as a sound mode within the main zone is another. Did you try the long press of the sound mode buttons on your remote to bring up your choices? At least on Denon that's what it takes to get to that sub-menu.....think I've read Marantz is same.....

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Not sure you answered the question if all the speakers playback correctly when you do a speaker calibration/setup test. That is the first thing to do. Make sure your receiver doesn't have any issues playing to those speakers in the first place.

T

Twolee

Audiophyte
Did a test tone, all speakers work well. I had originally set us with Audessy.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis