Lost a good friend/soldier last week

Matt34

Matt34

Just found out today that a good friend of mine died in Afganistain last week. I can't find the news story(I'm at work) but if someone could find it that would be great. We got it linked to us through official channels so I can't link it here.

SSG Donald Tabb, 29. He was stationed out of Ft. Rucker.

He was a true American hero and would have gave you the shirt off his back to help you out. I went to BNCOC with him and you get to know someone really well when you spend 18hrs a day with them for 3 months.

Here was the only thing I could really find doing a quick search.

http://www.patriotguard.org/ALLForums/tabid/61/forumid/11/tpage/1/view/Topic/postid/778739/Default.aspx

Last edited:
krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Sorry to hear about that. Another good man dies, I have had a bad taste in my mouth for a long time, I wonder when it will subside.

I have also had many friends killed in the line of duty, in several different countries. As a prior service member I feel for his friends and family, and understand what they are going through.

May God be with them.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Very sorry to hear the news Matt - your buddy has paid the ultimate sacrifice, and I cannot begin to tell you how grateful I am for his service and honor. May he rest in peace.

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
My utmost sympaties and thanks go to not only him, but everyone who has answered the call of duty to this country.

Matt34

Matt34

FYI- I don't know if any of the articles addressed it but he was also a K9 handler and his dog(SSD Bo) did survive the blast and is on his way back home.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I've been fortunate enough in my life to not have to experience war first hand. Or for that matter be touched first hand by the loss it can produce.
My sympathy and my gratitude go out to his family, and to you Matt.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Too many thanks are owed to those who can never be repaid. I feel terrible every time I see one of these stories, for the loss to the family and friends and for the loss of a good and honorable person.

Matt34

Matt34

SSG Tabb's unit has come up with a remembrance bracelet.

Bracelets are to be made by the “KIA-WIA, Inc.” Their website is:
http://www.kiawia.org/index.php?mod=product&id_prd=78

Cost per bracelet: $12.00 which includes shipping.

The order will be submitted on 25 February 2008
To order, you may make payment via Paypal.com.

Send payments to patrick.hahnlen@us.army.mil

For questions, please contact SSG Hahnlen via e-mail patrick.hahnlen@us.army.mil
Or (912) 435-3123 (Office), (912) 610-2201 (Cell)

The bracelet will contain this text:

STAFF SERGEANT DONALD T. TABB
CJSOTF-A 3rd SFG
5 February 2008

It will have a dog paw on the left and a dog portrait on the right.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
SSG Tabb's unit has came up with a remembrance bracelet.

Bracelets are to be made by the “KIA-WIA, Inc.” Their website is:
http://www.kiawia.org/index.php?mod=product&id_prd=78

Cost per bracelet: $12.00 which includes shipping.

The order will be submitted on 25 February 2008
To order, you may make payment via Paypal.com.

Send payments to patrick.hahnlen@us.army.mil

For questions, please contact SSG Hahnlen via e-mail patrick.hahnlen@us.army.mil
Or (912) 435-3123 (Office), (912) 610-2201 (Cell)

The bracelet will contain this text:

STAFF SERGEANT DONALD T. TABB
CJSOTF-A 3rd SFG
5 February 2008

It will have a dog paw on the left and a dog portrait on the right.
Extremely small price to pay for honoring a fallen hero. I'm ordering one as we speak. :)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
My condolences.

Thank you and all of the military (and your family's) for all you do.

Take care Matt,
Doug

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
You have honored us, SSG Tabb, with your greatest gift. God speed. Our deepest sorrows to his family and friends, including you, Matt.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm continually in awe of the willing sacrifices made by the members of the US and British armed forces and their families.

Please accept my condolences, and extend those of all of us to Donald's family.

A hero indeed, taken too soon.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I'm continually in awe of the willing sacrifices made by the members of the US and British armed forces and their families.

Please accept my condolences, and extend those of all of us to Donald's family.

A hero indeed, taken too soon.
Canada has suffered casualties in Afghanistan,also. That our soldiers are fighting side by side supporting our American friends is one of the few things which gives me pride in my country, i.e. the honor to stand by our friends and allies in times of conflict.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/afghanistan/casualties/total.html

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis