William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
1 of those would be better then 2 1000?
Depends on the target imo. Iirc below about 25 hz the Pb2k pro has considerably more output and definitely extends deeper. In a smallish room like that I’d expect the pb2k to outperform two pb1k in deep bass.
However, having two will definitely have an advantage in possibly smoothing out the response. This is not a given though, and placement should explored to make sure the advantage is realized. Also, Ime most people upgrade from the 1000 series after too long anyway. It’s a good entry level subwoofer but it leaves a lot on the table. From SVS, I believe the 2000 series is the best value for most a average sized rooms and listening habits.

D

Dcara

Enthusiast
Depends on the target imo. Iirc below about 25 hz the Pb2k pro has considerably more output and definitely extends deeper. In a smallish room like that I’d expect the pb2k to outperform two pb1k in deep bass.
However, having two will definitely have an advantage in possibly smoothing out the response. This is not a given though, and placement should explored to make sure the advantage is realized. Also, Ime most people upgrade from the 1000 series after too long anyway. It’s a good entry level subwoofer but it leaves a lot on the table. From SVS, I believe the 2000 series is the best value for most a average sized rooms and listening habits.
Ok makes sense. It’s not a small room however. And is open to the reast of the main floor. Would you continue using the existing sub with the 2000?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Ok makes sense. It’s not a small room however. And is open to the reast of the main floor. Would you continue using the existing sub with the 2000?
No. And save for a second PB-2000

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Sorry about that. I confused the dims with another thread.
I would not use them together. That can be hard enough even if their the same sub. The velodyne will only lower overall performance. Then I’d look to adding a second pb2k pro.

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
A very serious upgrade over SVS, Klipsch, Paradigm, PSB, etc is this...You may never have to upgrade (ever) for the rest of your life.
https://www.elac.com/series/uni-fi-2-0/
Take my hand, join the sonic master race and look down upon the svs/klipsch/paradigm/psb amateurs floundering in the dark.

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
An upgrade? I wouldn't be so sure about that...
Very much so....Oh and btw, the funk audio subs have a latency of ~0.6ms, the lower end svs subs are about 5ms. I am hoping the Elacs would come at 1ms when i hook it up. Where did you get the 20+ms numbers Shady? Those monoliths of yours are still ugllllyyy :D

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Very much so....Oh and btw, the funk audio subs have a latency of ~0.6ms, the lower end svs subs are about 5ms. I am hoping the Elacs would come at 1ms when i hook it up. Where did you get the 20+ms numbers Shady? Those monoliths of yours are still ugllllyyy :D
I doubt very much the Elac subs will have a 1ms delay. The only way to know for sure would be to do a full system measurement and look at group delay in low frequencies. I would not take any manufacturer's word for their DSP latency.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
A very serious upgrade over SVS, Klipsch, Paradigm, PSB, etc is this...You may never have to upgrade (ever) for the rest of your life.
https://www.elac.com/series/uni-fi-2-0/
Take my hand, join the sonic master race and look down upon the svs/klipsch/paradigm/psb amateurs floundering in the dark.
Lmao. This seems just a little dubious.
Upgrade huh? Be curious to see some measurements.
And, what happens when you lose app support? I for one would never trust a phone mic to calibrate a sub. Forgoing manual controls for backup at least seems like a bad idea. They do look good though...

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
Lmao. This seems just a little dubious.
Upgrade huh? Be curious to see some measurements.
And, what happens when you lose app support? I for one would never trust a phone mic to calibrate a sub. Forgoing manual controls for backup at least seems like a bad idea. They do look good though...
What app support? It's a speaker!! ya plug it in and ya don't need no app!
Measure it all you want... There's a extraordinary amount of resolution Andrew BadBoi Jones put on these with that tweeter and it crossed over at 2khz. The spooky holographic imaging that comes effortless with the Technics SB-C700 is a li'l harder with the Unifi 2.0. Ya gotta play around with it till you get there....But, TAD R1 -->trickledown---> Pioneer S-1EX, Elac Adante--->trickle down---> Unifi 2.0, If you heard/like the above mentioned speakers, you will hear a lot of what you heard on those $$$$ speakers at a very affordable price...(granted, that signature is not for everyone)

Caveat: Try not to have the lousiest room possible and don't use the crappiest electronics.

EDIT
If you're talking about the sub, i haven't opened it yet...it's still in the box. But, i'll back up the app in a few different places including the bluestacks emulator on my PCs. (in case it lost support 5 years from now). They only look stomachable relatively speaking (compared to shady's uggglyass monoliths :D ) . No sub ever looks good to me!! It is just a necessary uglyasss i oughta put up with.

Here are some measurements for the sub
https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1889:elac-adante-sub3070-subwoofer&catid=338&Itemid=349

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
What app support? It's a speaker!! ya plug it in and ya don't need no app!
Measure it all you want... There's a extraordinary amount of resolution Andrew BadBoi Jones put on these with that tweeter and it crossed over at 2khz. The spooky holographic imaging that comes effortless with the Technics SB-C700 is a li'l harder with the Unifi 2.0. Ya gotta play around with it till you get there....But, TAD R1 -->trickledown---> Pioneer S-1EX, Elac Adante--->trickle down---> Unifi 2.0, If you heard/like the above mentioned speakers, you will hear a lot of what you heard on those $$$$ speakers at a very affordable price...(granted, that signature is not for everyone)

Caveat: Try not to have the lousiest room possible and don't use the crappiest electronics.

EDIT
If you're talking about the sub, i haven't opened it yet...it's still in the box. But, i'll back up the app in a few different places including the bluestacks emulator on my PCs. (in case it lost support 5 years from now). They only look stomachable relatively speaking (compared to shady's uggglyass monoliths :D ) . No sub ever looks good to me!! It is just a necessary uglyasss i oughta put up with.

Here are some measurements for the sub
https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1889:elac-adante-sub3070-subwoofer&catid=338&Itemid=349
YeH. I was referring to the sub. Didn’t know speakers even snuck into the conversation. Lol
FWIW I think Andrew is a great speaker designer. But I read Brent’s review that you linked and I didn’t feel like he was blown away, especially in the lowest octave. Seems like an overly aggressive limiter below 60hz could be partially responsible there. Seems like they’d be nice in a more music centric system. Idk, seems like a high barrier to entry for the return.
Curious as to your thoughts after you try them.

T

trochetier

Audioholic
Is your listening room floor hardwood too? It may be too reflective. If I were you I'd consider a large area rug first. Upgrading the electronics only will not improve the sound.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
YeH. I was referring to the sub. Didn’t know speakers even snuck into the conversation. Lol
FWIW I think Andrew is a great speaker designer. But I read Brent’s review that you linked and I didn’t feel like he was blown away, especially in the lowest octave. Seems like an overly aggressive limiter below 60hz could be partially responsible there. Seems like they’d be nice in a more music centric system. Idk, seems like a high barrier to entry for the return.
Curious as to your thoughts after you try them.
Bro, i agree, Brent indicated that it is not some earth shattering hometheater sub and i am not exactly looking for a earth shatterer, rather omething primarily for music, but, can manage on movies. Keep in mind, I'm moving up from a pair of small Rythmik L2 sealed subs....even those 2 li'l cuties were doing just fine for the movies i watch. In fact, i'm a li'l worried that even this Elac might be a bit too much for me...I am a big time bass wimp (unlike some of ya bassheads on here ;) ).

On a positive note, it's not very big (just pulled one out of the box). The tapered front is less than 12 inches wide! (makes it look smaller).
20210114_162608.jpg
rs may not kick it if she walks in here.

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
uh, that isn't the most performance that can be had for the money. Even if you need app control, that thing still get smoked by the MartinLogan Dynamo 1600X or the SB-3000. Without app control, that gets crushed by the Hsu ULS-15 mk2 and at less than half the price...
The Martin Logan 1600X is 2k. I got the Elac at a discounted price of 1.5k (500 dollars less). Here are some measurements i am seeing on the 1600X. Could you explain how it is smoking the Elac?

Martin Logan 1600X
https://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-reviews/dynamo-600x-1600x/conclusion
VS
Elac Sub3070

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The Martin Logan 1600X is 2k. I got the Elac at a discounted price of 1.5k (500 dollars less). Here are some measurements i am seeing on the 1600X. Could you explain how it is smoking the Elac?

Martin Logan 1600X
https://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-reviews/dynamo-600x-1600x/conclusion
VS
Elac Sub3070
From 20Hz to 50Hz, the Dynamo has a 1.5 to 2x output advantage. I am guessing that the Elac drivers are placed in too small of an enclosure which has raised their resonant frequency pretty high. Its deep bass output isn't very good, even for a 12"x2 sealed design. Sorry, I don't mean to be harshing your enthusiasm for your new sub, but the performance below 60Hz is not what one would hope for, even at that discounted price.

D

Dcara

Enthusiast
Is your listening room floor hardwood too? It may be too reflective. If I were you I'd consider a large area rug first. Upgrading the electronics only will not improve the sound.
Yes it is all hardwood.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
From 20Hz to 50Hz, the Dynamo has a 1.5 to 2x output advantage. I am guessing that the Elac drivers are placed in too small of an enclosure which has raised their resonant frequency pretty high. Its deep bass output isn't very good, even for a 12"x2 sealed design. Sorry, I don't mean to be harshing your enthusiasm for your new sub, but the performance below 60Hz is not what one would hope for, even at that discounted price.
I don’t understand how these subs are so expensive other then brand name ? Daynamo clearly wins ..
For the price of the ELAC you could’ve got a way bigger sub . How big are the woofers in each ?
Sucks no one really makes duel 12s anymore .
I wish I could carry this sub lol monster product .
Go big or go home $1200 less then the insane priced svs 16 ultra
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis