Looking to upgrade to a processor

William C Jarrett

William C Jarrett

Enthusiast
Looking to upgrade to a processor from my Yamaha rx-a1050. Looking at the Yamaha CX-5200. I have a Monolith 7

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
You should wait until newer technology is fully caught up and baked to perfection. This is a lousy time to buy due to availability and usability.
Of course, if the latest HDMI is of absolutely no use to you over the next, say, 10 yrs(?)... then the Yamaha may be a good choice. I am fond of the Monolith HTP-1. I am also eager to see the next releases in 2022 from Sound United (Denon and Marantz) as well as knowing that the updated HDMI Chipsets are funtioning properly.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What are you looking to gain particularly by the change? Pre-pro isn't necessarily going to be any different particularly....

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If you can wait, that’s great.

If you can’t wait an/or don’t want to pay more money for the newer Pre-pros, the CX-A5200 is a great sounding Pre-pro.

Will it sound better than your Yamaha? Will ANY pre-pro sound better than your Yamaha? Probably not, especially in Bypass/Through mode w/o EQ/DSP.

Would I buy the CX-A5200 today if I needed a 4K/HDMI 2.0 pre-pro and didn’t need HDMI 2.1 for 8K or 4K/120Hz? Yes I would buy it.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Looking to upgrade to a processor from my Yamaha rx-a1050. Looking at the Yamaha CX-5200. I have a Monolith 7
I only needed a 7.2.4 prepro and I didn't need the latest and greatest in 8k even Dolby vision blah blah all these formats that supposedly look great but really don't have a ton of content for. Except for color quality I've always felt once things went past 1080p its kindoff diminishing returns really

So I bought the CX-A5200. And I love it. It sounds great works great all the features I could want. And not to mention bug free. Completely bug free. Back that up with great customer service from a stand up company and you got a winner ladies and gents

Also the phone app is super awesome even though I have it programmed onto my theater app I'll use that phone app for quick adjustments on the fly. Love that app

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis