Looking to upgrade to 4K

H

hifihillbilly

Junior Audioholic
Hey folks, I'm new to the forum so hopefully this post will abide the rules. With the exception of my speakers, I'm looking to upgrade virtually everything else. Current equipment.....
Samsung 55" non 4K TV - I am leaning towards Sony OLED A8F or possibly the new A8G or A9G.
Oppo BDP-93 -
Emotiva UMC-200 - Looking at the Anthem MRX-720 or the Integra Equivalent. The Anthem AVM 60 not out of the question.
Emotiva XPA-5 Gen2 amp. This is a great amp so I may keep it and use with AV receiver or AV processor.
Goldenear SuperSat 3's for L/C/R and surrounds
Goldenear Forcefield 4 Sub

I currently run a 5.1 system but may add more speakers. I'm open to other equipment suggestions but 1 local dealer sells Anthem and the other sells Integra. I would like to stay out of the big box stores.
The UMC-200 is what I want to replace first so I would appreciate suggestions on replacements.
Thanks in advance.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hard to know what you want in the avr/pre-pro. What features do you want besides 4k capability?

H

hifihillbilly

Junior Audioholic
I would like to have the most current processing capabilities: Atmos, DTS:X, True HD, etc. HDMI 2.0, Pass-through, Dolby Vision, HDR. If I go with a receiver I would like for it to have a robust, pre-out signal for the amp. I will be streaming Netflix, Amazon, etc. I would like to keep my budget for the avr/pre-pro around $2.5k or less.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I would like to have the most current processing capabilities: Atmos, DTS:X, True HD, etc. HDMI 2.0, Pass-through, Dolby Vision, HDR. If I go with a receiver I would like for it to have a robust, pre-out signal for the amp. I will be streaming Netflix, Amazon, etc. I would like to keep my budget for the avr/pre-pro around $2.5k or less.
Number of channels? Any room eq flavors to consider? Balanced outs needed?

H

hifihillbilly

Junior Audioholic
Number of channels? Any room eq flavors to consider? Balanced outs needed?
Number of channels? I would like to have at least 5.1.2
Any room eq flavors to consider? I am open on this one. I read the Anthem ARC does a great job. I have typically set distances, etc. myself.
Balanced outs needed? My XPA-5 Gen2 has XLR inputs but I do not think they are totally balanced (at least that is what I have read). So, not having balanced outs is not a deal-breaker.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
For 4K/Atmos/DTSX AVP, I would add the flagship Yamaha CX-A5100/5200 to the list of considerations.

O

OTLJosh

Enthusiast
Depending on screen size, your 4K options may be limited. The only high end 85” size are Samsung Q90R and Sony 950G or 900F. In 77” OLED it’s only C9, C8 or Sony A9G. For movies and non-gaming, I’d go with the A9G because of the amazing X1 Ultimate processor, but C9 is the better gaming OLED due to HDMI 2.1. Q90R is the best gaming TV, period, and is very good for everything else although many feel that the One Connect Box is a repair waiting to happen. If you plan to play games for hours straight or watch news stations and other content with static logos all day, then you should avoid OLED.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis