Looking to purchase a new sub 2k budget. HSU, SVS, PSA

P

pote8218

Audioholic Intern
Thanks for all the options should keep me reading awhile tonight. I definitely want 2 subs now. I might catch upgrade fever and want 2 $2000 dollar subs though. :(

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I vote dual HSU's....If you need to spend an additional $2000 later, upgrade the front sound stage speakers. Not sure the Infiniti's will be able to keep up with the dual HSU's or especially dual $2000 units.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
If you want 4 subs you could try the deal on 4 SB1000. Corner load them and you'd have a crazy setup, but I vote for pair of SVS ultras.

P

pote8218

Audioholic Intern
I can get a good deal on two ryhmik fv15hps. It's so hard to pull the trigger on something. I am going to upgrade the fronts in a couple of months or so. Looking around 2000-2500 budget for those as well. But, now I want to focus on the subs.

E

English210

Audioholic
I understand the difficulty pulling the trigger, especially when you don't really know what to expect and if you're 'missing' something going with one brand/model vs another. I just got a used Hsu ULS15, and ohmygod!! I need to hire a contractor to come tighten up the house if I want to let it loose!! Pull that trigger, any of these higher quality subs will perform for you once you dial it in. I think it's highly unlikely that you can determine the differences for YOU in YOUR room without hearing them all, and that's where you're at. I'd say you've probably narrowed down your choices to the point where any of the remaining candidates will make you happy.

R

ratm

Audioholic
I love these threads. Its always gives me ideas when I'm ready to upgrade from my Empire, but since some of these suggestions were a bit north of his 2k threshold, I'm surprised no one has mentioned a JTR S1 or Seaton SubM. I'd love to see a sub GTG with a comparison of a single S1 or SubM and dual VTF-15's or FV15HP's.

R

raynist

Junior Audioholic
I am partial to PSA subs as They are great to deal with and they make great subs. I would suggest 3 XV15's or 2 XV30's. I have about the same size room and run 3 XV15's and 2 older SVS PB12+/2's. The PSA's could handle the room easily but I like overkill :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis