Looking to buy svs subwoofer

S

slickrick1038

Enthusiast
Hey, I am looking for a svs pb12 plus or pc12 plus or better to buy.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hi and welcome! Please be more specific. Are you wanting a used SVS or want a comparison? Also how big is the room you are putting it in.

S

slickrick1038

Enthusiast
I am wanting a used svs. My room is about 16x16x14 ft tall. It's also open to the dinning room. My pb1000 isn't doing it.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Did you do the mic on your Onkyo for the PB1000? If yes what are your settings on the SVS and Onkyo? Picture of your setup would be nice.

S

slickrick1038

Enthusiast
Yes I ran audyssey. I have sub set at 12 o'clock. Phase at 0. Crossover set to lfe.

S

slickrick1038

Enthusiast
Also, would I notice a huge difference with a pb12-nsd or would I need to go to a plus

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Yes I ran audyssey. I have sub set at 12 o'clock. Phase at 0. Crossover set to lfe.
You can always turn it up, audyssey is not king of your setting. Get a good bass CD and set it up to your liking before you go and buy another sub. I have the PB1000 and it's more than enough.

S

slickrick1038

Enthusiast
The sub is at its limit when I turn it up. How big is your room?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Small/Medium, but I've read it can do well in a large room. What DB did the receiver set the sub to? Speakers set to small right? Try 9- or 8- on the receiver and 2 o'clock position on the sub volume.

Last edited:
S

slickrick1038

Enthusiast
It's got the sub set to -2db. I have my towers set to small, but it has them crossed at 40hz. My center at 60hz.

S

slickrick1038

Enthusiast
It has my sub at -2db. It has my towers set at 40hz.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
change those 40hz to 80hz.

why do you say the sub is at its limit?
you could change that -2 to say 0db or +1db if there's no driver distress in loud scenes.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Like Mike C said change it to 80 front and center. 60 for surround speakers and 120 for the sub.

S

slickrick1038

Enthusiast
Is the SVS PB2-Plus a good sub? I found one on Craigslist for $699. Is that way to much for that sub?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis