Looking For Speaker Recommendation

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I like the styling, just not the printed wood grain vinyl finish. I even thought about buying a pair and having a cabinet shop build walnut veneer boxes for the drivers and facia components. That would have set me back about another $3000, so. I thought maybe I could just buy some sheets of walnut veneer and apply it over the vinyl. Then I abandoned the idea, since I decided what I really wanted was a pair of JBL 4429's which I am now saving for. I found an authorized JBL Synthesis dealer that will take a $1000 off of those speakers. I'm already $300 towards getting them.
I never did see a pair for sale with the wood veneer they had available at some point, the black grain finish is fine with me though. It's black. :) I actually think all black is a better look (as is this speaker with grill on vs off). This is one of the few pictures I saw of the other finish
jbl s series wood veneer.jpg

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
I thought maybe I could just buy some sheets of walnut veneer and apply it over the vinyl.
If that were a route you were to go [I know you've abandoned the plan]; I'd recommend removing the vinyl first. I believe bring the temp up enough with a heat gun will cause the glue to melt and it can be peeled off.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis