Looking for short, inexpensive interconnects for 5-channel amp

S

Slevin19

Audioholic Intern
I just bought a 5-channel amp (A52) that I intend to use for the center channel, 2 surrounds and Zone 2 amplification. This frees my AVR to work in a pre-amp only mode.

I am looking for inexpensive, shielded not-too-long (1 ft would do) interconnects. Suggestions?

TIA.

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
Check Monoprice. Good cables at a good price point.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
I thought of them. But the user reviews for their short cables were that they were too stiff and that the connectors were not that robust.

https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-1-5ft-Premium-22AWG-Cable/dp/B003L1717K/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=interconnect+cable+monoprice&qid=1597162365&sr=8-2&th=1
I have also had good luck with Media Bridge cables on Amazon and try Seismic Audio cables.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

J

JengaHit

Audioholic
I've been using Canare L-4E6S, terminated with gold RCA's by World's Best Cables. Sold on Amazon. 1-ft pr is $21.95, so 3 pr for 6 channels might cost more than you want to spend. But they are flexible, durable and well made; Canare is used in pro studios for their reliability. I'm totally satisfied.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I vote Monoprice. BJC is decent stuff by all accounts, but you pay $$$! To be fair, for simple short interconnects, you don't really need to get too fancy. Of course, everybody and their brother will have a different story...

I've been using OLD Rat Shack RCA cables with "gold" connectors as interconnects for a bit. Still planning on replacing them, but there is nothing wrong with the way they work.

Simple fact is too many people create a story that tells you MAYBE, just MAYBE, you are missing something important by not buying high end snake oil cables.

Unless you need your interconnects to reach more than 25' or run past some serious high voltage lines... you will be fine saving a little and getting something that is simply a Pure Copper Conductor. No CCA(luminum) or CCS(teel). Just good quality Copper... maybe there is an insulator or some shielding... but again, that's not really necessary for short low-voltage signals.

:)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Monoprice has a coupla flavors of interconnect. You sure 1 ft is sufficient? Leaves some slack for moving things around (cleaning, readjusting)?

Mediabridge and others are good as well. Don't overthink it.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I thought of them. But the user reviews for their short cables were that they were too stiff and that the connectors were not that robust.

https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-1-5ft-Premium-22AWG-Cable/dp/B003L1717K/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=interconnect+cable+monoprice&qid=1597162365&sr=8-2&th=1
Saying that those cables were really too stiff, does that mean you cannot bend them? That's totally silly! Usually, how often does one have to connect and disconnect them? :rolleyes:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just looked at the Amazon page....first, the reviews aren't necessarily for that particular product (like the top review complaining about stiffness and the connectors "popping" off the posts) nor even from an actual purchaser. Then again rca is not a particular standard adhered to by all either....if you get cables that are so stiff they pop off the connections then obviously bad....but this is not a comment I've ever seen about monoprice rca cables otoh.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I just bought a 5-channel amp (A52) that I intend to use for the center channel, 2 surrounds and Zone 2 amplification. This frees my AVR to work in a pre-amp only mode.

I am looking for inexpensive, shielded not-too-long (1 ft would do) interconnects. Suggestions?

TIA.
Are you making the connections from behind the equipment? If not, 1' will never be long enough and trying to juggle an AVR and power amp to place them on a shelf after they're connected sucks.

S

Slevin19

Audioholic Intern
Yes, from behind the equipment. I guess 1.5ft would do too. Anything longer would be too long. Thanks. I’ll try Monoprice Premium.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Yes, from behind the equipment. I guess 1.5ft would do too. Anything longer would be too long. Thanks. I’ll try Monoprice Premium.
I use cables from a company that doesn't sell to the public- they're flexible, they don't seem to have a sound of their own (I used some in the past that were so bad I returned them to the electronics distributor) and they slide into the jacks easily without being loose.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis