Looking for power amplifier recommendation

K

Kelvin798

Audiophyte
My father is planing to buy a new power amplifier to replace his old one (YAMAHA DSP-A590). He was about to choose Denon X550BT. But I found that its price is even getting higher in the Double Eleventh Shopping Festival (just like the Black Friday, right now the shopping festival in CN has become a math test XD. After you doing the calculation, you would find that you didn't get any discounts). And I learned that he didn't do any preparation for it, he justed opened a shopping app and choose one randomly XD.
Anyway, is there a better choice which costs below 3000 CNY (about 450 USD)? I would appreciate it if you guys could kindly give me some advice XD!

Correction: he told me that DTS X is a must, so the budget could be a little higher.

Last edited:
B

Brookky

Audiophyte
My father is planing to buy a new power amplifier to replace his old one (YAMAHA DSP-A590). He was about to choose Denon X550BT. But I found that its price is even getting higher in the Double Eleventh Shopping Festival (just like the Black Friday, right now the shopping festival in CN has become a math test XD. After you doing the calculation, you would find that you didn't get any discounts). And I learned that he didn't do any preparation for it, he justed opened a shopping app and choose one randomly XD.
Anyway, is there a better choice which costs below 3000 CNY (about 450 USD)? I would appreciate it if you guys could kindly give me some advice XD!

Correction: he told me that DTS X is a must, so the budget could be a little higher.
The Denon AVR-X550BT - 5.2 Channel 4K AV
Receiver with Bluetooth. 130 watts x 5 is one of the best out there.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

You're not asking about power amplifiers but rather avrs (audio video receivers....a combination of internet/radio on board along with a pre-amp and amp section. A power amp is simply an amp (no pre-amp or inputs for switching, etc).

I'd look further up the Denon line than that model myself (I'd generally start with at least the X33xx and above models which can actually accommodate an external power amp. A good tool to compare features with the avr comparison tool at zkelectronics.com. As to what's available in China at what price, will defer to your finding options....

B

Brookky

Audiophyte

Would you consider Yamaha AVENTAGERX A2070(Atoms)? The price is between $650-$900

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Welcome to the forums. If you are a Costco member and near one of the very few Costco stores there or they can deliver to you, the Denon S760H is currently on sale for 399 USD. It is a very capable receiver at a very, very good price featuring DTS:X.

K

Kelvin798

Audiophyte
You're not asking about power amplifiers but rather avrs (audio video receivers....a combination of internet/radio on board along with a pre-amp and amp section. A power amp is simply an amp (no pre-amp or inputs for switching, etc).

I'd look further up the Denon line than that model myself (I'd generally start with at least the X33xx and above models which can actually accommodate an external power amp. A good tool to compare features with the avr comparison tool at zkelectronics.com. As to what's available in China at what price, will defer to your finding options....
Thanks a lot! I ususally use RTINGS to look for digital device recommendation, but there is no avrs option :( I'll check it on zkelectronics.com later!

K

Kelvin798

Audiophyte
Would you consider Yamaha AVENTAGERX A2070(Atoms)? The price is between $650-$900
It seems that all the online retailers in CN don't provide this model:( But maybe some of the offline retailers have this one. I'll check it later. Thanks a lot and have a good day!

T

TristanThomas

Audiophyte

I recently found a super cost-effective amplifier brand Fosi Audio on FB, so cheap price actually has such good sound, and I went to Amazon to compare prices with ebay, ebay's official store is much cheaper, you can try it.

D

diwit

Audioholic Intern

patio flooring st augustine fl
I've been considering getting a power amplifier to compliment my AV setup for some time , however I don't mind admitting I'm not that knowledgeable in this area.

I currently have a 5.1 setup, powered by a Yamaha RX A1070 which puts out 110 watts PCH. My front three speakers are Kef Q900's and a Kef Q600c.

Usage wise im about 50 / 50 between music and movies. My aim is to take some load off the Yamaha but also to boost our improve the front L/R for stereo music especially.

I'm looking for recommendations on either two or three channel power amplifiers sub £500 as I'm on a budget. Second hand is no problem but ideally for cosmetic reasons I'm looking for a unit available in black .

Looking forward to your thoughts and recommendations .

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Looking forward to your thoughts and recommendations .
THREADJACKING: Jumping into someone else's topic/thread and asking a question which is close, but unrelated to the original post to get personal answers.

Start your own topic so you get answers directly related to your separate question.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
THREADJACKING: Jumping into someone else's topic/thread and asking a question which is close, but unrelated to the original post to get personal answers.

Start your own topic so you get answers directly related to your separate question.
Is this Diwit a bot? Did the exact same thing here and replied to me that he/she would start a new thread.

T

tculverjames

Audiophyte

Correction: he told me that DTS X is a must facebook video free download, so the budget could be a little higher.
I'm looking for a power amplifier that can output over 150 watts per channel at 8 Ohms to properly power my JBL L150s. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a power amplifier to check out. My price range maxes out at $1500. Any guidance is much appreciated.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I'm looking for a power amplifier that can output over 150 watts per channel at 8 Ohms to properly power my JBL L150s. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a power amplifier to check out. My price range maxes out at $1500. Any guidance is much appreciated.
what are you using for a pre-amp ? would you consider used ?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The best way to get an answer is to start your own thread, not to reply to a year old one that already has bot replies.

A speaker's "power rating" means PEAK power, not recommended power for using them.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, start your own thread. You're quoting someone talking about two different avrs in any case, not power amps.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis