Looking for feedback on av receivers to complete a B&W 600 series system. Considering Denon, Marantz and Pioneer in the under $1,000 arena. Any feedba

A

ADavid

Audiophyte
Looking for feedback on av receivers to pair with a B&W 600 series system. Considering Denon, Marantz and Pioneer in the under $1,000 arena for a 5.1.2 configuration. Any feedback on which receivet brand would pair best with the B&W set-up would be greatly appreciated.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Looking for feedback on av receivers to pair with a B&W 600 series system. Considering Denon, Marantz and Pioneer in the under $1,000 arena for a 5.1.2 configuration. Any feedback on which receivet brand would pair best with the B&W set-up would be greatly appreciated.
Any of those would work fine. Comes down to personal preference. Are you looking at getting an external amp or just sticking with the AVR for power?

A

ADavid

Audiophyte
Any of those would work fine. Comes down to personal preference. Are you looking at getting an external amp or just sticking with the AVR for power?
Thanks for the response! Looking to stick with an avr at this point. Want to keep the sound detailed without bringing any sibilance into the mix (something the B&As are known to do with the wrong equipment).

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Thanks for the response! Looking to stick with an avr at this point. Want to keep the sound detailed without bringing any sibilance into the mix (something the B&As are known to do with the wrong equipment).
I have B&W CWM 7.3 In-walls. I'm using a Pioneer sc-lx701 AVR with and Outlaw 5000 amp to power the front 3 and leaving my AVR to power the 2 surrounds. It sounds amazing. My speakers are 4 ohm so they need the extra juice. If your speakers are 4 ohm and you tend to listen at loud levels, you may not get the necessary sound you're looking for with just an AVR. You might need to add an amp down the road. Just my two cents.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Pick one based on the features you want/need at a price you like....and I'd make sure it had pre-outs just in case an external amp is needed some day. Might as well throw Pioneer's parent company Onkyo (and Integra) in there, too. Personally I find Denons the most attractive these days.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
You have to be careful with B & W speakers and receivers. They advertise them as 8 ohm speakers which is total fiction. Most of their speakers dip down to 3 ohms and a far more honest rating is 4 ohm at best. They are known difficult loads.

The current crop of receivers have much more frail power amps than the previous crop.

In my view most B & W speakers should not be driven from a receiver, but a robust external amp.

B & W make some fine speakers, but in my view that does not include the 600 series. To me they sound very aberrant. There are third party measurements to back that impression up.

The bottom line is that the B & W line does not warrant the expenditure of the robust amplification required to drive them.

So if you are set on that line of speakers and a receiver plan to play them at low and moderate volume at most, or you will be receiver shopping again soon.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
We get these types of Questions all time on AH, which AVR, I’m looking at A B C AVR. Best thing is to do your own research. Go to each Manufactures website, read as much up on all the one’s your Interested in. Google reviews on each unit
No matter what anyone tells you, it’s your own research that matters in the end. Advice is what it is take what you want and leave the rest.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis