Looking for dual subs for my new house

Tuna

Tuna

Audiophyte
Hello audioholics,

Bought a house about a year ago and looking at upgrading my single Klipsch Sub-12HG. My layout is 25’x20’ w/ 8’ ceiling so 4,000 cuft. With how big my layout is, I think I’ll have to up my budget around 3k for a decent dual sub setup.

I’ve looked at SVS but I’ve read that you can get more for the money plus they lack mid bass. I think 15” or 18” drivers might be the ideal size for my room.

Looking for that great mid bass punch and pretty good at the low bass.

Looking at HSU VTF-15H MK2, Monolith THX 15, PSA V1812 or Rythmik FV18. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hello audioholics,

Bought a house about a year ago and looking at upgrading my single Klipsch Sub-12HG. My layout is 25’x20’ w/ 8’ ceiling so 4,000 cuft. With how big my layout is, I think I’ll have to up my budget around 3k for a decent dual sub setup.

I’ve looked at SVS but I’ve read that you can get more for the money plus they lack mid bass. I think 15” or 18” drivers might be the ideal size for my room.

Looking at HSU VTF-15H MK2, Monolith THX 15, PSA V1812 or Rythmik FV18. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Good size space, with ample budget imo.

My space is 18x16x9 and open to roughly the same size space with 18' ceilings.

I have two vtf3 mk5 units in my space....majority music but a fair amount of movies...setup is both +3dB post audyssey, volume control is about 9 o'clock position.

I wanted to get the VTF-15h mk2, but my sales guy though I was good with the VTF3.

They barely break a sweat and I'm not wanting for bass at all....I'm not entirely sure what your usage intentions are, but I feel pretty confident a pair of VTF 15h mk2 subs can do the job and leave you a healthy amount left from your budget, but you can't go wrong with any of the 3 you mentioned.

I might be tempted to go with 4 of the VTF3 mk5s :) .

Good luck with it.

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
Are you wanting this punch you speak of mainly for music ? If so, just say so. Pro audio subs may be what you are needing for your requirements and space. In todays market there are some good quality pro audio subs for music, that will punch you very hard. Some don't dig to low, but some do.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
The other one is the SVS PB3000. Driver is 13in though.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Personally, I think a lot of people on AH think they need more sub than they do. 4000cuft is not that big. But if you insist on total overkill it would be hard to beat a pair of the Monolith THX15 ported subs, assuming you can put up with two huge, heavy, and IMO ugly boxes in your room. If you haven't read it already, James Larson posted a really nice review of them here recently:

ps - I wouldn't get hung up on driver size.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Personally, I think a lot of people on AH think they need more sub than they do. 4000cuft is not that big. But if you insist on total overkill it would be hard to beat a pair of the Monolith THX15 ported subs, assuming you can put up with two huge, heavy, and IMO ugly boxes in your room. If you haven't read it already, James Larson posted a really nice review of them here recently:

ps - I wouldn't get hung up on driver size.
1578594740643.png

C

CoryW

Audioholic
Hello audioholics,

Thanks
RBH has a new sub with twin 12” drivers for $1k per just as an introductory price. I have seen the S-1212N, heard them....and now lust them. i Don’t care how big your room is, they will pressurize it.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
RBH has a new sub with twin 12” drivers for $1k per just as an introductory price. I have seen the S-1212N, heard them....and now lust them. i Don’t care how big your room is, they will pressurize it.
Is there CEA data out on these?
They could be pretty nice if they are anything like the SX-1212P/R, but they were expensive and discontinued a couple of years ago. But my point is RBH has made some nice subs! Still, as tight as Gene is with RBH, it seems like AH would do reviews on more of their subs.

C

CoryW

Audioholic
I own a pair of their 1010-SEN/r using their SA-400 amps. Words fail me. There be monsters

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis