Looking for Book Shelf Speaker recommendations for under $300

M

mixhypnatist

Enthusiast
I have Polk Audio speakers. Model 10B. They operate at 22,000 hertz. At this hertz rate of 22,000 you hear every sound detail. The speakers themselves
are made to reproduce sound in 3 dimensions. You do really hear a more lifelike sound from these speakers. They don't make the model 10B anymore,
but the Polk Audio RTA tower speakers should be a good investment. Listen to them first, then compare the sound to other speakers. You will hear
the difference. You will be glad you bought the Polk Audio speakers once you get them home and start to play your music on them.
The sound is as good or better than many high end speakers costing thousands of dollars more.
This is all fact and others have said the same. Do the research also.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have Polk Audio speakers. Model 10B. They operate at 22,000 hertz. At this hertz rate of 22,000 you hear every sound detail. The speakers themselves
are made to reproduce sound in 3 dimensions. You do really hear a more lifelike sound from these speakers. They don't make the model 10B anymore,
but the Polk Audio RTA tower speakers should be a good investment. Listen to them first, then compare the sound to other speakers. You will hear
the difference. You will be glad you bought the Polk Audio speakers once you get them home and start to play your music on them.
The sound is as good or better than many high end speakers costing thousands of dollars more.
You can really hear those 22,00hz notes, makes it very clear? How old are you? Mighty suspect.

from wiki:
Humans have a maximum aural range that begins as low as 12 Hz under ideal laboratory conditions,[SUP][3][/SUP] to 20 kHz[SUP][note 1][/SUP] in most children and some adults. The range shrinks during life, usually beginning at around age of eight with the upper frequency limit being reduced

M

mixhypnatist

Enthusiast
You can really hear those 22,00hz notes, makes it very clear? How old are you? Mighty suspect.

from wiki:
Humans have a maximum aural range that begins as low as 12 Hz under ideal laboratory conditions,[SUP][3][/SUP] to 20 kHz[SUP][note 1][/SUP] in most children and some adults. The range shrinks during life, usually beginning at around age of eight with the upper frequency limit being reduced
I bought the speakers in my mid 20's, I am now 50 years old. I still can hear every sound detail of these polk speakers, even a very low volume.
I am always amazed at the speakers performance when I play new and old music on my stereo system. They are still the best speakers I ever heard.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
LOL. You obviously haven't listened to speakers costing thousands more or you would not be making this claim. I could find you speakers that cost the same price that sound better. That's what I was getting at earlier is Polk does still make good speakers, but the current ones are not the top of the heap any longer with so many other excellent manufacturers in the market today.

M

mixhypnatist

Enthusiast
LOL. You obviously haven't listened to speakers costing thousands more or you would not be making this claim. I could find you speakers that cost the same price that sound better. That's what I was getting at earlier is Polk does still make good speakers, but the current ones are not the top of the heap any longer with so many other excellent manufacturers in the market today.
Name two high end brand of speakers that sound better, so I can make a live comparison please.

A

alumiu90

Junior Audioholic
Curious would you recommend going with Floor Standing speakers or Book Shelf speakers in this space? The screen room is 24' x 15' and then opens to the left. I had planned to go with Floor standing speakers, but then started second guessing myself. Wife is purchasing some stands from IKEA that are only 14" tall that will go across the front below the screen to place movies, etc. on plus that is what I plan to sit the center channel speaker on. I double checked the dimensions of several of the centers I am looking at and they will fit nicely on the stand and still be below the screen. The sub is going in the front right corner where I have installed the rca jack. I have two boys 7 and 12 and they can get rough at times, but they have been warned about the screen area. Of course they have a habit of not listening to me on most occasions.

Hope a Columbus Day sale pops up out there.

IMG_0156.jpg

M

mixhypnatist

Enthusiast
Curious would you recommend going with Floor Standing speakers or Book Shelf speakers in this space? The screen room is 24' x 15' and then opens to the left. I had planned to go with Floor standing speakers, but then started second guessing myself. Wife is purchasing some stands from IKEA that are only 14" tall that will go across the front below the screen to place movies, etc. on plus that is what I plan to sit the center channel speaker on. I double checked the dimensions of several of the centers I am looking at and they will fit nicely on the stand and still be below the screen. The sub is going in the front right corner where I have installed the rca jack. I have two boys 7 and 12 and they can get rough at times, but they have been warned about the screen area. Of course they have a habit of not listening to me on most occasions.

Hope a Columbus Day sale pops up out there.

View attachment 12591
Floor standing tower speakers, or speakers with stands.
Take a look at Polk Audio model RTA's.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis