Looking for an inexpensive Gaming headset!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I have a 9 YO adopted "nephew" who has a birthday coming up.
He showed me his current headset which has about a half roll of tape holding the mic arm on.
It is a Onikuma K1.
My default is to replace it with another like it because he says it worked well and I suspect the problem is from him sitting on it at the wrong angle or something.
However, if someoen know of an especailly good option, I'll do that instead.
Budget is around $25, but would go a little higher if it bought extra sturdiness, of some other worthwhile improvement.
Thanks!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
He showed me his current headset which has about a half roll of tape holding the mic arm on.
It is a Onikuma K1.
My default is to replace it with another like it because he says it worked well and I suspect the problem is from him sitting on it at the wrong angle or something.
Budget is around $25, but would go a little higher if it bought extra sturdiness, of some other worthwhile improvement.
Thanks!
The main thing I find with inexpensive gaming headsets is that the wires are tiny, tiny. Give them to a child, and those wires break pretty often just from their normal usage and wear and tear.

So, if you can find one in that price range with a removable/replaceable cable, that would likely help with longevity--just replace the cable.

You didn't mention what console or PC. If Bluetooth is an option, I tend to point people that direction for children, precisely to avoid those tiny wires that like to break.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
You didn't mention what console or PC. If Bluetooth is an option, I tend to point people that direction for children, precisely to avoid those tiny wires that like to break.
XBox One

Do you know off the top of your head if that is BT?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It is a Onikuma K1.
Thanks!
Looking for a headset for communication only, or for noise cancelling and surround sound? The regular stock headsets that come with do the job pretty well for communication.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis