Looking for advice for new Rhythmik FV25HP's

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hey guys I'd originally ordered the FV18's but after a lottoff talk with the fellas at Ryhthmik and thinking about my room size I changed my order to the FV25HP's I went dual. I pick em up on TUESDAY!!!! :D:D:D:D Here's my need for some guidance. All my lines for my breakers are 20 amp. I have a 20 amp line for that room. But it's not a dedicated circuit. It shares lights in that room. Each sub is 1800 watts RMS. So not only do I think a new dedicated line is necessary my question is will a dedicated 20 amp line feeding both of them be enough? Or should I put in something bigger? Thank you for your time.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Hey guys I'd originally ordered the FV18's but after a lottoff talk with the fellas at Ryhthmik and thinking about my room size I changed my order to the FV25HP's I went dual. I pick em up on TUESDAY!!!! :D:D:D:D Here's my need for some guidance. All my lines for my breakers are 20 amp. I have a 20 amp line for that room. But it's not a dedicated circuit. It shares lights in that room. Each sub is 1800 watts RMS. So not only do I think a new dedicated line is necessary my question is will a dedicated 20 amp line feeding both of them be enough? Or should I put in something bigger? Thank you for your time.
First world problems? :) If I was you I would send a PM to Peng if he hasn’t seen your post. He can calculate it for sure. He hangs out in the amp and receiver area. :).

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
First world problems? :) If I was you I would send a PM to Peng if he hasn’t seen your post. He can calculate it for sure. He hangs out in the amp and receiver area. :).
Hey thanks brother appreciate you

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ya happy Labor Day! I’m redoing flooring all over my house all weekend for my Labor Day. :).
Happy Labor Day to you! I'm running the speaker wire for the surrounds I mounted this weekend! I guess we're upholding the spirit of the holidays!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
If you want to take full advantage of them, then you will want dedicated lines for each one. However, I don't think you would ever take full advantage of them. That is an enormous amount of output potential. At 210 lbs. each, you had better be prepared for the logistics of moving them too.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
If you want to take full advantage of them, then you will want dedicated lines for each one. However, I don't think you would ever take full advantage of them. That is an enormous amount of output potential. At 210 lbs. each, you had better be prepared for the logistics of moving them too.
Hey thanks Shady! I couldn't resist man! I'm a hopeless basshead what can I say? Yeah I appreciate that I hired a moving company to bring them inside. I'll be picking them up but I believe Rhythmik will help me load them Id better ask em tho. I'm also having a couple friends come over to help me unbox them and slide them in place. Then the electrician is coming by Wednesday to quote and setup the lines. Hope that goes smooth really appreciate the heads up on two circuits I've got room for 4 more in my box. So I got the room. Or I might see cus I don't know how much they'd charge if they'd put some kind off breaker box inside the house. Or in another spot depending on what causes the least tear up of the walls. Then I figure I got 2 more spots if I ever need to put in lines for power amps but that would be way down the road. After next year.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I was thinking on getting another Rythmik LVX12 for my living room actually. I can always make pairs later as I upgrade. :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I was thinking on getting another Rythmik LVX12 for my living room actually. I can always make pairs later as I upgrade. :)
Yes do it!!!! Do iiiittt! Lol How's the floors coming along?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Have all the materials in the garage. The fun starts tomorrow. :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hah me too!
I'm a little sad boy right now bro. I was going too pick up the Rhythmiks today but it's flash flooded all over @$!! Texas today it hasn't rained in months. But it does not just for today but all last night and the rest of the friggin week. And I just had enough. The FV18's been backordered and moving 210 lbs of dual subs from Austin to here? I had to cancel the moving company. Man it's just too much hassle. So I went to Bjorn's and they gave me a great deal a very good deal on dual PB 4000's. I figure I'll try them out 45 days and if I don't like them I'll return them. I gotta feeling I'll end up liking them tho. Still a little broken hearted about the Rhythmiks well just see if SVS can soothe my aching heart right now.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
PB4000 must be 2000x better than your PB2000, right? :)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
The PB4000 was your original choice I believe. Should be a lot of output. You can always add a third one near field behind your couch later on if 2 isn’t enough. LOL :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The PB4000 was your original choice I believe. Should be a lot of output. You can always add a third one near field behind your couch later on if 2 isn’t enough. LOL :)
Yeah it was my original choice I just talked to Ed at SVS he's gonna help me calibrate them when they come in. Those guys are great I'm feeling a lot better about the choice and I have 45 days to see if I really like them anyway. So really its a win win. What I may do is just have them for 2 years or so flip them and then go with Rhythmik then. Just pay for shipping man it was just not worth the hassle paying a moving company to bring them in the house. And also the gas etc plus hope since I'm driving them home you don't have an accident. Cuz then your screwed cuz they're not insured that way. Okay I'm a lot calmer and yeah like you said they are 21/2 times a pb 2000. Okay I feel better know thanks bro!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis