looking for a good pre-amp

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
May be for you not me! His post says looking for a good preamp, and he mentions a head amp in his post. He says nothing about speakers, and a preamp would only drive active speakers. In any case the question of speakers has no relevance to the OP's post. No codgeritis here this time, next I can't say.
Uh huh

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Still a silly cost for a dac these days.
Here we go again, You never fail to understand anything , you just go looking for an argument where none exists,

Things cost what they cost, IF something is overpriced it won't sell, and the maker will go out of business. But some people have expensive tastes, And if you can afford the better things in life, Good luck to you. The people on the next property to me have a love of Porsche cars. He has three. I own and run two cars simply because I can. The OP in this thread has asked for suggestions for a pre-amp, There was no talk about an attached or separate DAC, It's just assumed he needs a pre-amp // dac, combo, and has asked for a quality unit.. He did not say what his budget was. So know one has suggested a high-end product.

It might be an idea if the OP looked at used via USA or Canada Audio Mart,, where some good value can be found. Really nothing deprecates, like used audio. And regardless of cost we all want value for money

On the subject of Quad, I think you will find there made in China under very strict license restrictions, with possible final assembly in the UK factory

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Just found this on USA Audio Mart, It might meet your requirements

scroll down to the USA / canada section

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Here we go again, You never fail to understand anything , you just go looking for an argument where none exists,

Things cost what they cost, IF something is overpriced it won't sell, and the maker will go out of business. But some people have expensive tastes, And if you can afford the better things in life, Good luck to you. The people on the next property to me have a love of Porsche cars. He has three. I own and run two cars simply because I can. The OP in this thread has asked for suggestions for a pre-amp, There was no talk about an attached or separate DAC, It's just assumed he needs a pre-amp // dac, combo, and has asked for a quality unit.. He did not say what his budget was. So know one has suggested a high-end product.

It might be an idea if the OP looked at used via USA or Canada Audio Mart,, where some good value can be found. Really nothing deprecates, like used audio. And regardless of cost we all want value for money

On the subject of Quad, I think you will find there made in China under very strict license restrictions, with possible final assembly in the UK factory
I own 5 houses (4 in Southern Cal) because I can. :D

And I say to the OP - just save your money and buy an AVR. :eek: :D

Save your money for other things…… like houses. Haha. :D

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.

He already has the DAC and so an analog preamp will be just fine for his needs.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

That's nothing Lovin hates my speakers and my music. He also seems to have something against European civilization. I hope there is no Wokery raising its ugly head.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Grow up, the lot of you. The stretch of road ahead of you is far shorter than the one behind.;)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
The Quad Artera has balanced outputs, and would be a good choice.
not really ....... it has a single balanced output, according to the OP's original post he's looking for 2 ! The ARC LS28 that I use has multiple.

regardless, I don't think the Op has joined back into this discussion which is quickly turning into a train wreck ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That's nothing Lovin hates my speakers and my music. He also seems to have something against European civilization. I hope there is no Wokery raising its ugly head.
Don’t take it personally. None of us have heard your speakers to compare. That’s one drawback to making your own speakers. But the salient thing is that you love your speakers…Just like how other people love their speakers. Personal preference.

Music is definitely personal preference. I also love classical music. But even within the same genre of music, we all love and hate certain classical music.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
not really ....... it has a single balanced output, according to the OP's original post he's looking for 2 ! The ARC LS28 that I use has multiple.

regardless, I don't think the Op has joined back into this discussion which is quickly turning into a train wreck ;)
Good point about the dual L/R XLR outputs. I don’t think there are many preamps with two L/R RCA outputs, much less two L/R XLR outputs.

As for the thread derailment- IT’S WHAT WE DO (GEICO commercial :D).

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Every civilization other than European/Western civilization has something us. Like literally when we arrive the message is “it sucks to be you”. I’m okay with that. Those other civilizations were never gonna give us good Wi-Fi.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Grow up, the lot of you. The stretch of road ahead of you is far shorter than the one behind.;)
You’re saying that many of us are either middle age or older and should behave more maturely? :D

Don’t you know that people don’t change ? :D

They don’t want to grow up. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Every civilization other than European/Western civilization has something us. Like literally when we arrive the message is “it sucks to be you”. I’m okay with that. Those other civilizations were never gonna give us good Wi-Fi.
Gotta have great WiFi and high speed internet! :D

When I first read your post, I thought you said Hi-Fi. :D

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
hello all, im looking for a good pre-amp that has dual balanced out,xlr preferred. i am just starting on buying my components for a killer system so far just got the dac which is a denafrips pontus 2...want the dual balanced so i can hook up a head amp as well..as i do have decent hadphones...thanks
If you don't need a phono stage and are happy with a preamp that is just transparent, nothing beats the Topping Pre 90, based on specs and measurements at just about any price. It's made in China but a high quality one. I wish I can grab one but already have too many preamps.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If you don't need a phono stage and are happy with a preamp that is just transparent, nothing beats the Topping Pre 90, based on specs and measurements at just about any price. It's made in China but a high quality one. I wish I can grab one but already have too many preamps.

Wow. So a cheap $600 preamp can have THD+N of 0.000097%. :D

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Don’t take it personally. None of us have heard your speakers to compare. That’s one drawback to making your own speakers. But the salient thing is that you love your speakers…Just like how other people love their speakers. Personal preference.

Music is definitely personal preference. I also love classical music. But even within the same genre of music, we all love and hate certain classical music.
I don't. I was just trying to explain to MONO, that that is just Lovin being Lovin.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis