Looking For a Decent Wi-Fi Alarm Radio

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I have been using a cheap SONY Alarm radio for about 20 years. Because of the orientation of my bedroom, at times I have been getting poor and noisy reception, and I figure that it's about time to think of purchasing a decent alarm radio with Wi-fi/Internet reception.

I have been looking at the following product which isn't cheap and should have decent sound:

I could get it for about C$216 by importing it through Amazon.com, but it would cost me C$300 ($261 + tax) by buying it from Amazon.ca.

Has anyone used that product? Or is there another one which a few of the reliable members here can recommend me?

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Don't you have a full audio system in your bedroom already? Maybe a smart device to wake it up and blast ya with that? :) In retirement I rarely use an alarm (and just use my phone if I need one), otoh haven't had a clock radio in quite a long time at all, when I worked I needed alarms to be annoying (and usually at least two of them), with nice music I'd probably just fall back asleep :).

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Don't you have a full audio system in your bedroom already? Maybe a smart device to wake it up and blast ya with that? :) In retirement I rarely use an alarm (and just use my phone if I need one), otoh haven't had a clock radio in quite a long time at all, when I worked I needed alarms to be annoying (and usually at least two of them), with nice music I'd probably just fall back asleep :).
I don't have any system in my bedroom, only my desktop PC.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I have been using a cheap SONY Alarm radio for about 20 years. Because of the orientation of my bedroom, at times I have been getting poor and noisy reception, and I figure that it's about time to think of purchasing a decent alarm radio with Wi-fi/Internet reception.

I have been looking at the following product which isn't cheap and should have decent sound:

I could get it for about C$216 by importing it through Amazon.com, but it would cost me C$261 + tax bu buying it from Amazon.ca.

Has anyone used that product? Or is there another one which a few of the reliable members here can recommend me?
I would not depend an alarm clock without a battery backup, unless you put the alarm radio on an UPS.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

I could get it for about C$216 by importing it through Amazon.com, but it would cost me C$300 ($261 + tax) by buying it from Amazon.ca.

Do you have any Sonos pieces?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis