Looking fo help with Outlaw Audio

B

Blackbeard55

Enthusiast
So exactly what did you present at the time? What did you gather since?

I can't imagine not filling in the serial number but then I keep excellent records of purchases/serial numbers, too....years of business habits die hard.
Yes you are correct I screwed up. I trusted a company from whom I have spent over $5000. I usually keep pretty good records and I had an account online with their site and the only thing showing is a wireless connector for one of my Subs.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You have no credit card records? No pictures? WTF does trust have to do with anything?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
No I don’t believe they sent me a new amp. I think they made a mistake and they sent me somebody else’s amp and sent them mine. The difference is that my amp has balanced inputs and the one they sent me has RCAs. I think that it would be a nightmare for them to try to get the other amp back pay for the shipping take back the amp they sent me pay for shipping and then reship both amps. You are talking easily a couple of hundred in shipping alone. I can’t come up with any other reason for them to act like this but it’s not lije I am going to shut up. People need to know about their business practices. If I don’t get real satisfaction I will publish everywhere. Instagram, FB, BBB, Forums, etc.
Seems like a mix up, well you got a amp back good thing bad thing i see your point. I say cut your lost and just move on. Some AH members have gotten burnt with audio/video gear just to name a few, Gene, Andrew, Me and a few others it happens. I should state that my dealer went out of his way in helping me with my speaker issue and the sales person at the speaker company did also, the sales person even went as far as sending me a free shipping label both ways. I decided to just do the replacement of the speaker connectors myself. Dam speakers are some of the best detailed sounding speakers I've heard plus didn't want to take the chance that if I got back speakers that would be damaged in shipping. Good luck.

B

Blackbeard55

Enthusiast
Let us know what happens tho, I'm curious to see how this pans out. It could just be a paperwork error and they got you mixed up with another one. Seems kind of impulsive to jump to assuming there's an intentional effort just to rip you off. If you have all of the paperwork, pics and evidence then they won't have much choice but to make it right.
Believe me I hope I am wrong. I prefer to think the best of people. But you are correct I do believe it’s a paperwork error but that it continued and they send me somebody else’s amp and send mine to another person and now it’s a nightmare for them and so they have chosen to just cover it up. I do understand your point but at this point I do nit feel this is a waste of time and if they read this they will understand that if this many people are reading in this forum they can look forward to the same from many forums and it will grow. Nit a good thing for them. Myself, I can afford buying a balanced amp from someone else like emotiva. I am only using 4 channels from this amp. I can sell this one. It’s just a waste of time.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Do you have to have a amp with balanced outs? Can your really hear a difference? really?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Believe me I hope I am wrong. I prefer to think the best of people. But you are correct I do believe it’s a paperwork error but that it continued and they send me somebody else’s amp and send mine to another person and now it’s a nightmare for them and so they have chosen to just cover it up. I do understand your point but at this point I do nit feel this is a waste of time and if they read this they will understand that if this many people are reading in this forum they can look forward to the same from many forums and it will grow. Nit a good thing for them. Myself, I can afford buying a balanced amp from someone else like emotiva. I am only using 4 channels from this amp. I can sell this one. It’s just a waste of time.
I highly, highly doubt they're ever going to see this thread.

It probably isn't fun for them to have to acknowledge such a screwup, but if you have original paperwork with photos and serial number to boot it seems like a slam dunk, right? They can't cover it up.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Last person that came here flaming Outlaw lost big. Outlaw responded to him here.
Thing is, airing Dirty Laundry out in public is a very quick way to make brick wall out of a mistake. Quite honestly, the fact you never provided them the serial number in the first place is looking like the most simple root cause.
If you badmouthed them at all in conversation or email, they will lock the case: this happened to the other guy! Outlaw has a zero tolerance policy for abusive communication.

So, NO, what you are doing is not productive.

Believe me, if something were going south with any Audio Company that has a pretty good reputation, we do want to know. And Outlaw has been a good company for many of us here.

You need to stop this, focus on working through the problem with them, and move on. Short of that, if you do stir the pot, you won't get anything from them but a Cease and Desist order.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Last person that came here flaming Outlaw lost big. Outlaw responded to him here.
Thing is, airing Dirty Laundry out in public is a very quick way to make brick wall out of a mistake. Quite honestly, the fact you never provided them the serial number in the first place is looking like the most simple root cause.
If you badmouthed them at all in conversation or email, they will lock the case: this happened to the other guy! Outlaw has a zero tolerance policy for abusive communication.

So, NO, what you are doing is not productive.

Believe me, if something were going south with any Audio Company that has a pretty good reputation, we do want to know. And Outlaw has been a good company for many of us here.

You need to stop this, focus on working through the problem with them, and move on. Short of that, if you do stir the pot, you won't get anything from them but a Cease and Desist order.

B

Blackbeard55

Enthusiast
You have no credit card records? No pictures? WTF does trust have to do with anything?
I have pictures and I have an invoice somewhere I am looking for stuff. I have the original boxes. Tomorrow I am looking at the box for my 7220 as I believe the po is still attached there. Yeap you are correct I should not trust I should know better.
Do you have to have a amp with balanced outs? Can your really hear a difference? really?
in reality probably not so I should just skip it you say.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
If you haven't done anything to have them lock you out... which it sounds like may have happened... I would pursue it to make it right.
If you already let your emotions get the better of you, then appealing to them with proof of your purchase may get things unlocked. BUT ONLY IF YOU CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE IN DEALING WITH THEM.
A sworn statement bey a family member is nothing, by the way. It is still hearsay with no other proof. Your serial number and invoice are the only things that will suffice.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I have pictures and I have an invoice somewhere I am looking for stuff. I have the original boxes. Tomorrow I am looking at the box for my 7220 as I believe the po is still attached there. Yeap you are correct I should not trust I should know better.

Well my point is, yeah theres a mess up, But you got a good amp back, not your amp with the balance outs. Shoots bro some don't even get that. I guess Outlaw could've said hey your amp is toast and it totally your fault. That does happen ya know. Gene the owner of AH had Emotiva amps that went brick on him they where out of warranty and Emotiva got back to Gene and said ummm by the way we don't repair out of warranty amps that we sell. As you would imagine Gene was not a happy camper cause now he got amps for door stops. I'm sure if Gene wanted he more than likely could repair those amps himself but he's a very busy guy and has to put up with all of us on AH bugging him about this and that all the time. Everytime I have seen Gene he got aka-seltzers on his desk after dealing with members on his forum. lolo not really but you get the idea. I should also state that if I had listen to my dealer and Brian at RBH and not to call into RBH myself and talk with the marketing manager, he even told me he doesn't pickup phone calls he just happened to be coming in from his break dam the bad luck for me huh? lol. So yeah I created my own headache, market guys what they know? They can screw up a wet dream!.. lol, would I recommend RBH again? Absolutely, isn't RBH fault they got a dumba$$ marketing manager. My point is its never as bad as it seems, sometimes but not always.

Last edited:
B

Blackbeard55

Enthusiast
If you haven't done anything to have them lock you out... which it sounds like may have happened... I would pursue it to make it right.
If you already let your emotions get the better of you, then appealing to them with proof of your purchase may get things unlocked. BUT ONLY IF YOU CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE IN DEALING WITH THEM.
A sworn statement bey a family member is nothing, by the way. It is still hearsay with no other proof. Your serial number and invoice are the only things that will suffice.
A sworn statement from someone with first hand knowledge us not hearsay. It so happens that I happen to be a retired attorney. I am now a farmer. So take a look at your rules if evidence. Furst hand knowledge. The question is it worth it and should I just drop it.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I don't think Outlaw is operating in bad faith. If they know they made a mistake, they will clear it up. If they sent someone else the balanced version when the other person is expecting an unbalanced version, that should be a pretty good indicator that they are the ones at fault. However, you would expect Outlaw to have records to show who purchased what. They should have the serial numbers tied to orders.

The problem is that the last time someone came in here accusing Outlaw of bad business practices, it turned out that person was trying to game Outlaw into sending them free gear. A lot of people took that accuser at their word at first and started bad-mouthing Outlaw without knowing the full story. I would want to know Outlaw's side of the story on this before making any kind of judgment.

B

Blackbeard55

Enthusiast
I don't think Outlaw is operating in bad faith. If they know they made a mistake, they will clear it up. If they sent someone else the balanced version when the other person is expecting an unbalanced version, that should be a pretty good indicator that they are the ones at fault. However, you would expect Outlaw to have records to show who purchased what. They should have the serial numbers tied to orders.

The problem is that the last time someone came in here accusing Outlaw of bad business practices, it turned out that person was trying to game Outlaw into sending them free gear. A lot of people took that accuser at their word at first and started bad-mouthing Outlaw without knowing the full story. I would want to know Outlaw's side of the story on this before making any kind of judgment.
I think that is only fair.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
A sworn statement from someone with first hand knowledge us not hearsay. It so happens that I happen to be a retired attorney. I am now a farmer. So take a look at your rules if evidence. Furst hand knowledge. The question is it worth it and should I just drop it.
You don't have to convince me. If you are talking litigation, you have to convince someone else.
None of what you have said in this thread changes the perspective I've voiced.

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
BB55,
Your story does not make sense for several reasons:
- In your first post, you say you had a Model 5000 amp with balanced inputs and sent it back. The 5000 amp only had RCA inputs. The newer Model 5000x has both type inputs (I have one). If you are as unclear in communicating with Outlaw as you are here, it is little wonder Outlaw either does not understand or view your problem as genuine.
- In a later post you speak of being a retired attorney. Yet instead of relying on facts and logic as the best road from problem to resolution, you jump to assumptions ill intent, accusations of fraud, and intentional deception.
Additionally, the lack of precise language, many mispellings, poor sentence structure, and lack of documentation do not sound like the actions of an attorney, retired or otherwise.

FWIW: If I have a customer service problem and the CS rep or their supervisor is unable to fix a problem I write an unemotional email to the CEO outlining the problem, facts/documentation and desired resolution from the POV of preventing other customers from encountering a similar problem/mistep.
This approach tends to work very effectively, much better than venting unsubstantiated accusations on an audio forum in hope someone at the company will read it, YGTBSM.
XEagleDriver

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

B

Blackbeard55

Enthusiast
I have decided to cut my losses and learn a lesson. Thank you.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
We
I have decided to cut my losses and learn a lesson. Thank you.
They did send you back a good working amp, That says something about their CS, I believe I read on AH that this one member sent in a umm if I remember right a AVR I believe Denon or Marantz and it was months before he got it back from repair. My point at lease its not a total lost on your part I'd say Outlaw did you good you got a good working amp back, didn't they say the when they opened it up they found that it looked like some kind of liquid spilled inside? anyways best of luck.

B

Blackbeard55

Enthusiast
Thank you, they did elevate the issue and I told them that I decided to just let it go. I was doing this last night but I am just too busy to deal with all this. I have a farm to take care of, Spring is coming and it’s early but I have cows calfing, goats kidding and Ewes lambing and my elderly parents just moved in with me. So I ordered some RCA interconnects and said the hell with it. Lesson learned on keeping records!!! I can’t imagine sound will really change.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So you joined A
Thank you, they did elevate the issue and I told them that I decided to just let it go. I was doing this last night but I am just too busy to deal with all this. I have a farm to take care of, Spring is coming and it’s early but I have cows calfing, goats kidding and Ewes lambing and my elderly parents just moved in with me. So I ordered some RCA interconnects and said the hell with it. Lesson learned on keeping records!!! I can’t imagine sound will really change.
I used to own a Chicken Farm in East Texas for about 10 years back when I was a little younger. :D

Thank gods I didn't have to live on the farm, though. Would probably drive me crazy. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis