Looking fo help with Outlaw Audio

B

Blackbeard55

Enthusiast
Hi,
I am new here although I follow Gene on you tube and watch his very informative videos. I am hoping that I am jumping the gun by posting this and that Outlaw Audio has realized they made a mistake and will do the right thing.
In 2019 I purchased two subs, a 5000 and 7220 amps and a Marantz processor from Outlaw Audio. Everything was fine except that the triggers have never worked correctly. Outlaw says it is the Marantz. I don’t know, Narantz says it’s the Outlaw Amps, but in any case tgat us not my problem. Right before the holidays the light on the 5000 amp went out. It was driving me crazy. So I waited until after the holidays and returned the amp for service. By the way, even though it’s under warranty I had to pay $39.00 to return the amp. Fine! When Outlaw got the amp they sent me pictures saying that liquid had gotten into the amp and tgat someone Gad opened the amp case. I told them I did not know anything about that but they were willing to repair the amp so I was happy and let it go. They then said they fixed the problem checked the amp over and”returned” the amp. That where the problem started. They returned my box but they send me a different amp. My amp had balanced connections the amp they sent me did not. I purchased these Amos from outlaw because I wanted all balanced connections. Outlaw is saying that my box is marked 5000 and not 5000x which is true but then again my 7220 amp box is marked 7000. So bottom line at this point they are saying that I am trying to pull something and that the amp I have is my amp. It’s not true! I gave witnesses as my cousin helped me connect, disconnect and box up my amp. I also don’t even own RCA interconnects for the amp. I also have pictures. I really do not understand what they are trying to pull here. I have told them what I would do if I don’t get my amp back. This is really poor and I am hoping that with this first initial post here they will do the right thing. I am just afraid that they made a mistake and sent my amp to someone else and it will be near impossible to get my amp back from whoever has it. Please help me with this. I prefer buying American and I have other American brands such as Schiit and Zu. Thus is just really bad that with everything going on I am forced to act this way. Outlaw Audio please return my Amp and send me a way fir me to return the amp you sent me!!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Outlaw amp you have is not made in US fwiw. You don't have proof of serial number somewhere?

M

MDK210

Junior Audioholic
Definitely sounds like you have a few issues going on and it really boils down to your word vs their word. In reality though a post on an audio forum won't solve anything and may actually hurt you in the long run if they see it. See if you can ask for a manager via the phone to figure out it. Was there return paperwork you needed to fill out with a model number or serial #?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Paragraphs man, it would make your post a lot easier to read...

You say you have photos, right? Serial number? Receipt? This seems like it could easily be sorted out.

B

Blackbeard55

Enthusiast
I have proof. I will have to dig it up. I also looked online at their site because they keep orders and my entire order when I purchased all my equipment had been deleted. Why would a company do this to a customer, a good customer. I bought a lot of stuff from them. It’s shameful. I hope they see this if they do not send me my amp I will go to many more online sites, I will also file a complaint with their state consumer agency and the BBB. I just really hoped that people here would have ideas. Also forget about trying to talk to them. They do not answer their phone. I just hope they are not going out of business. Just don’t understand why they would not return my original amp except that maybe they shipped it to the owner of the amp that I have.

B

Blackbeard55

Enthusiast
Definitely sounds like you have a few issues going on and it really boils down to your word vs their word. In reality though a post on an audio forum won't solve anything and may actually hurt you in the long run if they see it. See if you can ask for a manager via the phone to figure out it. Was there return paperwork you needed to fill out with a model number or serial #?
They don’t answer their phone.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have proof. I will have to dig it up. I also looked online at their site because they keep orders and my entire order when I purchased all my equipment had been deleted. Why would a company do this to a customer, a good customer. I bought a lot of stuff from them. It’s shameful. I hope they see this if they do not send me my amp I will go to many more online sites, I will also file a complaint with their state consumer agency and the BBB. I just really hoped that people here would have ideas. Also forget about trying to talk to them. They do not answer their phone. I just hope they are not going out of business. Just don’t understand why they would not return my original amp except that maybe they shipped it to the owner of the amp that I have.
I think they're somewhat known to have a rigid system for dealing with warranty/rmas by email. Scan your proof and send it to them. Didn't the serial number come into play even in arranging the rma in the first place?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Wow! This is exactly what I have been saying, buying from a online only company crossing state lines can become a consumers financial nightmare with a implied warranty. You can file a complaint with your states Attorney generals office but make sure You have all paper work in order first. Photos everything before you do they will ask for proof of purchase. I had a issue with a speaker company back in 2018 but was no wheres near as bad as your issue mine was just speaker wire connectors on new tower speakers I got feed up dealing with their dumb a$$ marketing manager so I and my son just replaced all of the wire connectors. I sent in a complaint to my states attorney office, sent everything photos pics of the wrongs size connectors even one recorded phone call between me and their marketing manager. Took about 3 weeks before I heard back was told that I would have to file a complaint in the state that the speakers where sold from. Best of luck man. look like you got the run around treatment like I did.

B

Blackbeard55

Enthusiast
I think they're somewhat known to have a rigid system for dealing with warranty/rmas by email. Scan your proof and send it to them. Didn't the serial number come into play even in arranging the rma in the first place?
They inserted a serial number. “Rigid System”. Is that code for scamming customers? I guess that was my mistake I did not insert a serial number when I entered the repair ticket, but I never expected they were so crooked that they inserted a number and switched amps. I think that if they don’t react well I will have my cousin give a sworn statement as well as myself to the MA Consumer Protection Agency. My cousin helped me take the amp out of the system pack it up and he marked the inner connects and speaker cables that match each connection from my processor. It can get confusing as I have a 11.2 system.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
They inserted a serial number. “Rigid System”. Is that code for scamming customers? I guess that was my mistake I did not insert a serial number when I entered the repair ticket, but I never expected they were so crooked that they inserted a number and switched amps. I think that if they don’t react well I will have my cousin give a sworn statement as well as myself to the MA Consumer Protection Agency. My cousin helped me take the amp out of the system pack it up and he marked the inner connects and speaker cables that match each connection from my processor. It can get confusing as I have a 11.2 system.
Dam! So you sent it back in the box it came in to you new? what about the PO? Do you still have the PO? How did you pay for that amp with a credit card? PayPal? Do you have photos of the back of that amp?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Did you gather your evidence and present it yet? What did they say if/when you did? I get the frustration for sure, but ranting on here isn't going to get you anywhere.

Gather all of your evidence, present it and go from there. Outlaw's been around for a while and probably aren't going anywhere anytime soon. You should be using this energy to get your ducks in a row instead of composing these dense posts here.

B

Blackbeard55

Enthusiast
Wow! This is exactly what I have been saying, buying from a online only company crossing state lines can become a consumers financial nightmare with a implied warranty. You can file a complaint with your states Attorney generals office but make sure You have all paper work in order first. Photos everything before you do they will ask for proof of purchase. I had a issue with a speaker company back in 2018 but was no wheres near as bad as your issue mine was just speaker wire connectors on new tower speakers I got feed up dealing with their dumb a$$ marketing manager so I and my son just replaced all of the wire connectors. I sent in a complaint to my states attorney office, sent everything photos pics of the wrongs size connectors even one recorded phone call between me and their marketing manager. Took about 3 weeks before I heard back was told that I would have to file a complaint in the state that the speakers where sold from. Best of luck man. look like you got the run around treatment like I did.
The thing that I don’t understand is why? Why would they do this? I keep asking myself and others. It seems like just trouble for them. Obviously I would never buy anything else from them and if they do not do the right thing I plan on making my story global. I also have some You Tuber friends tgat I know will publish my story, I have told Outlaw all this and I am hoping that by Monday they will get their poop together. The whole thing is an exercise in bad corporate culture. Companies Dino because if this kind of stuff. The owner needs to know!!!!

B

Blackbeard55

Enthusiast
Dam! So you sent it back in the box it came in to you new? what about the PO? Do you still have the PO? How did you pay for that amp with a credit card? PayPal? Do you have photos of the back of that amp?
I am trying to fish all that stuff it’s not easy.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Let us know what happens tho, I'm curious to see how this pans out. It could just be a paperwork error and they got you mixed up with another one. Seems kind of impulsive to jump to assuming there's an intentional effort just to rip you off. If you have all of the paperwork, pics and evidence then they won't have much choice but to make it right.

B

Blackbeard55

Enthusiast
Did you gather your evidence and present it yet? What did they say if/when you did? I get the frustration for sure, but ranting on here isn't going to get you anywhere.

Gather all of your evidence, present it and go from there. Outlaw's been around for a while and probably aren't going anywhere anytime soon. You should be using this energy to get your ducks in a row instead of composing these dense posts here.
I did present them with what I had at the time. They basically told me that I did not give them a serial number to begin with and because of that they could basically do what they wanted. The whole thing is just weird. I don’t think they were even selling the amp they sent me when I bought mine.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I did present them with what I had at the time. They basically told me that I did not give them a serial number to begin with and because of that they could basically do what they wanted. The whole thing is just weird. I don’t think they were even selling the amp they sent me when I bought mine.
So exactly what did you present at the time? What did you gather since?

I can't imagine not filling in the serial number but then I keep excellent records of purchases/serial numbers, too....years of business habits die hard.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
wait, "they were even selling the amp they sent me when I bought mine" they sent you a new model amp? are you happy with the newer model? or you just want your old amp back?

B

Blackbeard55

Enthusiast
wait, "they were even selling the amp they sent me when I bought mine" they sent you a new model amp?
No I don’t believe they sent me a new amp. I think they made a mistake and they sent me somebody else’s amp and sent them mine. The difference is that my amp has balanced inputs and the one they sent me has RCAs. I think that it would be a nightmare for them to try to get the other amp back pay for the shipping take back the amp they sent me pay for shipping and then reship both amps. You are talking easily a couple of hundred in shipping alone. I can’t come up with any other reason for them to act like this but it’s not lije I am going to shut up. People need to know about their business practices. If I don’t get real satisfaction I will publish everywhere. Instagram, FB, BBB, Forums, etc.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis