Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
Great thread, rmk, I can relate. Although I haven't gone nearly to the lengths you have, I got to the point where I finally said 'enough' and just started enjoying the music & movies. It's tempting to look at the latest stuff out there and lust after it, but once you reach a certain level of performance, spending tons more money just doesn't get you enough increase in quality to justify the expenditure. Of course, that money point is different for each of us, but I just have too many competing demands for my income to rationally spend any more on audio at this time. I derive a lot of daily pleasure from my system, and spend more time enjoying the music than lusting after the 'latest' technological advances.

Of course, that's just until next month...:rolleyes:

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Great thread, rmk, I can relate. Although I haven't gone nearly to the lengths you have, I got to the point where I finally said 'enough' and just started enjoying the music & movies. It's tempting to look at the latest stuff out there and lust after it, but once you reach a certain level of performance, spending tons more money just doesn't get you enough increase in quality to justify the expenditure. Of course, that money point is different for each of us, but I just have too many competing demands for my income to rationally spend any more on audio at this time. I derive a lot of daily pleasure from my system, and spend more time enjoying the music than lusting after the 'latest' technological advances.

Of course, that's just until next month...:rolleyes:
Ah yes, the law of diminishing returns vs. upgradeitis … the Audioholics conundrum.;)

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Ah yes, the law of diminishing returns vs. upgradeitis … the Audioholics conundrum.;)
Are you going to start a new thread titled, "Looking forward"? :p

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
lol

well. My GIK stuff is stuck in GA still it appears. Probably the weather? Otherwise, the estimated date would be tomorrow. :D

"One day at a time" . . .

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Isn't there some saying about hindsight????

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis