Looking at floor standing speakers..

T

T.Anders

Audioholic Intern
Just looking for thoughts on these speakers for a medium sized room, 21x15.

Working on selecting speakers for my buddies room for his front stage. and we really don't have much option to demo anything up here.

Wharfedale 12.4
Klipsch RP-6000F (We did demo these at Magnolia.. Not my personal cup of tea, but he enjoyed them.)
Paradigm 6000F
KEF Q550

We did get to demo some SVS Ultra Bookshelfs, which I was blown away by, but I'm not sure he's into the bookshelf thing a whole lot. Crutchfield is our AV store up here, so, these were some options, and somewhat similar in price.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I haven't heard any of the speakers on your list. If you liked the Ultra books SVS' Prime Pinnacles are the medium sized tower vesion and reviewed very well here.

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
Just looking for thoughts on these speakers for a medium sized room, 21x15.

Working on selecting speakers for my buddies room for his front stage. and we really don't have much option to demo anything up here.

Wharfedale 12.4
Klipsch RP-6000F (We did demo these at Magnolia.. Not my personal cup of tea, but he enjoyed them.)
Paradigm 6000F
KEF Q550

We did get to demo some SVS Ultra Bookshelfs, which I was blown away by, but I'm not sure he's into the bookshelf thing a whole lot. Crutchfield is our AV store up here, so, these were some options, and somewhat similar in price.

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
Hi,

Take a look at:

HTD level Three:

Ascend:

Chane (already mentioned above and linked, the A series or L series)

Power Sound Audio:

Otherwise, in addition to what you're already looking at on Crutchfield, consider these as well:

Monitor Audio Bronze 500's

Dali Oberon 7:

Paradigm's SE 8000F:

Wharfedale EVO4.3's:

Very best,

T

T.Anders

Audioholic Intern
He currently already has a PB 2000 Pro. That's why we were considering the Paradigm Monitor SE 6000F, along with the center channel and SE Atom's for 5.1. The entire setup is within budget.

I don't know much about the DALI or Monitor Audio. Do you consider them good for home theater? Which is primarily what this will be used for. Is the difference on the Wharfedale from the 12.4 to the EVO series substantial enough for the price? All 3 would be within current budget, but only for the front stage. Would have to buy surrounds later.

Last edited:
T

T.Anders

Audioholic Intern
I haven't heard any of the speakers on your list. If you liked the Ultra books SVS' Prime Pinnacles are the medium sized tower vesion and reviewed very well here.

No Pinnacles anywhere we can ship for decent prices. CF and BB both out of stock.

The BS Ultra's are an option though. Prime Towers are available locally as well.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
No Pinnacles anywhere we can ship for decent prices. CF and BB both out of stock.

The BS Ultra's are an option though. Prime Towers are available locally as well.
I think the Ultra books are very good speakers. I loved mine. If you have a sub in the mix they can hold up really well for main speakers. They can take a lot of power. I've played them very loud and never bottomed them out, even full range. They can play fairly deep for books, but I would recommend a sub with them. Especially for movies, but then I'd recommend a sub with most towers too.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
He currently already has a PB 2000 Pro. That's why we were considering the Paradigm Monitor SE 6000F, along with the center channel and SE Atom's for 5.1. The entire setup is within budget.

I don't know much about the DALI or Monitor Audio. Do you consider them good for home theater? Which is primarily what this will be used for. Is the difference on the Wharfedale from the 12.4 to the EVO series substantial enough for the price? All 3 would be within current budget, but only for the front stage. Would have to buy surrounds later.
If still get the larger towers even with a sub , better dynamics. There all good choices !!!
Add emotiva t2 to list also ,

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis