Looking at a new home theater in new home. Need suggestions!

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Tough to make a recommendation when neither party has heard the speaker set, but James Larson is a pretty respected reviewer and that's a very positive review linked to above. You already have the subs covered so the Monolith should make for a fine setup. With the upstairs having a railing it would have behaved like a larger space. If the basement room is around the same 14x14 but with a door then you should be fine for power and speakers. You'll want to pay attention to good speaker placement and with two subs the usual recommendation is along the middle of a wall if possible or in the corners, but that's often something you have to experiment with to match the room. Some assistance available here once you have everything in hand.

T

T.Anders

Audioholic Intern
Contractors came today and put the carpet in. Room was painted a dark forest green with grey trim and a black ceiling over the weekend.

With that said, I did end up ordering speakers which came out of left field. Unaware 2 of my IT employees were both into HT I went over to one of their homes and demoed Revel M105's.. I ended up buying 5 of them today to pair with my X3700H. Also looking into Atmos speakers after the lights go in the ceiling next Tuesday.

Now just waiting on the screen, probably not till end of month so I can hang it and my projector.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Wow! Now that was totally unexpected. :eek:o_O

Revel is one of Harman International's Speaker Brands (Like JBL, Infinity, etc.) Since 2017, Harman has been an independent subsidiary of Samsung Electronics.

I am looking for a good review of the M105s as they are a part of the Performa3 Loudspeaker Lineup. I found an executive summary in the form of a Revel Performa3 Loudspeakers Preview from 2012 but not much else yet.

Assuming a listening distance of 10 feet, your RX-A2080 should be able to drive them to a decent level no problem - especially with the two PB-2000s taking care of the bottom end in your 14' x 14' room.

Should we assume you ordered the M105s from Crutchfield?

Did you also order the stands?

In stock
  • stand height: 24-15/16"
  • matching speakers attach directly to the platforms on these stands with supplied mounting screws
  • includes feet with carpet spikes on one end and rounded ends for hardwood and tile floors on the other
It sounds like you are almost there.

Last edited:
Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Contractors came today and put the carpet in. Room was painted a dark forest green with grey trim and a black ceiling over the weekend.

With that said, I did end up ordering speakers which came out of left field. Unaware 2 of my IT employees were both into HT I went over to one of their homes and demoed Revel M105's.. I ended up buying 5 of them today to pair with my X3700H. Also looking into Atmos speakers after the lights go in the ceiling next Tuesday.

Now just waiting on the screen, probably not till end of month so I can hang it and my projector.
Nothing beats hearing speakers in person. Glad to read that you found something you like. The Revel M105 reviewed very favourably on AudioScienceReview (for those that are into graphs).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis