Long RCA or long Speakon cables

N

NorCalRP

Full Audioholic
The distance is just shy of 50' to the furthest sub. I ordered a 50ft 75ohm subwoofer cable, but I'd honestly rather use either speaker wire or neutrik cable, and put the amps in my rack, like @BMXTRIX said. I'm about to paint my cab and would like to have a clear idea before I do.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The distance is just shy of 50' to the furthest sub. I ordered a 50ft 75ohm subwoofer cable, but I'd honestly rather use either speaker wire or neutrik cable, and put the amps in my rack, like @BMXTRIX said. I'm about to paint my cab and would like to have a clear idea before I do.
Subs are built?! :) I'd say go with what you've ordered, see if any problems result then deal with it....speaker wire is the same as neutrik cable, neutrik is just a connector brand

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
How do you suggest converting?
Transformer- they're used for converting high impedance mics for low impedance lines and vise-vera. Musical Instrument stores that also sell PA equipment should have them.

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
Transformer- they're used for converting high impedance mics for low impedance lines and vise-vera. Musical Instrument stores that also sell PA equipment should have them.
Jensen Transformers make some excellent (but pricey) transformers for converting a long balanced run to a unbalanced input.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Jensen Transformers make some excellent (but pricey) transformers for converting a long balanced run to a unbalanced input.
A less expensive alternative is Edcor but Shure and other microphone manufacturers sell them, too. Mic transformers aren't usually stereo, but they work well.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis