Logitech Harmony Software

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Seems like Logitech won't let you update super old remotes anymore. Anyone hear anything about that? I tried googling. I have a Logitech Harmony 510. I opened the software, deleted an AVR, then tried to add my new one and the drop down menu to select brand is frozen or empty. Rebooted my computer to no avail.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
It's been awhile since I've updated, but I seem to recall when upgrading my remote, I had to install new software to be able to do so. Maybe there is an app for the older remotes that you need to use instead?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
It's been awhile since I've updated, but I seem to recall when upgrading my remote, I had to install new software to be able to do so. Maybe there is an app for the older remotes that you need to use instead?
It's 13 years old- there's no app for programming those.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I've an Harmony 900 that I bought in 2011 that I no longer use, but I started the Logitech Harmony Remote Software (7.7.0) on my Windows 10 and I could add a new device (a Denon AVC-X6700H). The remote is packed down so I've not tried to connect it to the PC for update.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Just DLed it on my other Windows 10 computer. Same scenario. Dang! Looks like it's over for the old remote!

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Funny they let you DL it (7.8), but the drop downs are dead.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Have you contacted Logitech? I've been using the My Harmony software on my W10 laptop without issue, version 1.0.1.257....but my oldest remote is a model 600.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Not a bad idea. Thx Lovin. I'll give that a whirl.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
So, great news. I called Logitech support (Thx Lovin for the tip!) and after asking me for my username, they added my AVR for me. I had already deleted my previous amp. He said there was an issue with the software at the moment. Anyway, I was able to update my remote and it works! Great they were working on Sunday too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis