Logitech Harmony One Remote Control Review

Senior Audioholic
You definitely need to look down at the remote to make sure you hit the correct touch screen button, so for a future model, I would love for there to be some sort of physical indicator - such as a very slight ridge between each of the buttons. Just enough to give a physical indication of where each button lies on the touch screen.
This has to be the part I hated the most about my Harmony.

I do not want to look at the remote, I want to look at the screen. I can pick up any of my other remotes and simply by touch do all the basic commands I use most often. But not the Harmony, I was always having to look at it and make sure it was in the right "activity", make sure I was hitting the right "button". I think I spent more time looking at that damn remote in an evening then I spent looking at my TV

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I'm a former Harmony user who has recently converted to the URC fan club.

Cheaper and better. Both.

Last I saw, the RF-20 + blaster combo was $75. This is RF, and I predict that I will never go back to IR-only.

My audioholics review

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
For those who are interested in this remote, I just saw that Dell has is for $150. From reading this thread, there's definitely mixed feelings from people on whether it's good or not, but I figured that I'd put this up for those who were going to buy it anyway.

J

JohnnyReynolds

Audiophyte
Amazon has Logitech Harmony One Advanced Universal Remote on sale for $249.99 - $71 instant discount -

Recently I came to know that there is a website named AmazingWatcher.Com which is a free website that will “watch” items for you on Amazon and let you know when amazon has them in stock at regular retail price.It got so awesome!
Good luck everybody!

htgeek

htgeek

Enthusiast
Good review, Harmony is the easiest remote on the market. I've owned the One for almost a year, after I saw it at last years EHX I had to get it. I have a dual display system and my 6 year old can operate it without issue. Best remote on the market in it's price range. It's big brother the 9000 has RF wich I don't really care for, line of site is much more reliable, unless you spend $2000 on a good RTI. I've delt with URC and Harmony and most consumers don't enjoy the URC entry level stuff as much as Harmony. Only plus I see for URC for dealers/installers is no need for a laptop to update remotes if changes are made.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis