Logitech Harmony 676 Cheap!

S

sh0

Audioholic Intern
Harmony 880 as well

It looks like they have the Harmony 880 for $114 after rebate! I'm tempted but I really want RF capability. Only the 890 has RF capability it looks like.

http://www.compuplus.com/i-Logitech-Harmony-880-Advanced-Universal-Remote-966187-0403-1004927~sid-d6ex51b3sop3t41-comboid-506.html

Kind of off topic but does anyone know if the Universal Remote remotes have the same capability as the Logitech Harmony remotes to remember the current state of the system? This is most useful with TVs that don't have direct codes for specific inputs (just a "next input" code). From what I understand, the Harmony remotes store what the current input is so that it knows how many "next input" signals to send to get to the appropriate input. Looking at some manuals on the Universal Remote site, I didn't see any place to set this up. The reviews here at Audioholics don't seem to mention that capability either.

kia303

kia303

Junior Audioholic
That is strange, the rebate must have expired already because it does not show up on the site now. I really need a universal remote for my bedroom system and did not want to spend a fortune and this would have been perfect, looks like I was a couple days late. I bought a Pronto TSU2000 from a classified ad and it was DOA so now I have that to deal with!

S

Stoner51

Audioholic Intern
I bought this remote from ecost for 179.00 hoping to get the 50 rebate so I copied the rebate to my rebate folder. The rebate I have says 1/19/06-4/25/06. I have the rebate if you would like. Comp u plus shipping and handling was 14.95, ecost 2nd day fed ex was 7.99. Ocassionally I do something that makes sense like saving the rebate.

B

briggek8717

Audioholic Intern
I bought one on Friday (late afternoon) off of Ecost.com and didn't feel like paying extra for the shipping, so I just chose the $1.99 ground option. Well, to my surprise, it arrived today at my house. So much for paying extra to get it here faster. It was shipped via DHL out of Tennessee I think to Des Moines, IA.

Here is a link to the rebate...although, I don't see it on most retailer's sites anymore.

http://www.shopharmony.com/stock/rbt/logitechrebate.pdf

G

gnagel

Junior Audioholic
briggek8717 said:
I bought one on Friday (late afternoon) off of Ecost.com and didn't feel like paying extra for the shipping, so I just chose the $1.99 ground option. Well, to my surprise, it arrived today at my house. So much for paying extra to get it here faster. It was shipped via DHL out of Tennessee I think to Des Moines, IA.

Here is a link to the rebate...although, I don't see it on most retailer's sites anymore.

http://www.shopharmony.com/stock/rbt/logitechrebate.pdf
Thank you very much!

I happened to check this post prior to purchasing a Harmony Remote this morning. You just saved me 50 bucks!

:)

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
Sh0:
The Universal remotes (I have a MX-500 & MX-350) don't remember the "state" of any devices. You can program the macros to repeat input commands, but only the Harmony has the "smart state technology". I have a 659 and my wife likes it much better than the URC. I prefer the URC because it's easier to customize to my preferences.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Can I purchase this remote anywhere, or is it specific to one store? Rebate expires 4/25/06

Last edited:
R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
I am planning on buying a 880 Friday.
Hopefully my wife will love me and let me buy more electronics after she gets this for her valentines day present.

Reorx

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis