Little help please!

G

Guthrie Zuehlke

Audiophyte
I own a Lyngdorf MP-40 with Room Perfect as the auto calibration. Room Perfect requires you to input the subwoofer amp latency (delay). I know the best way to get this information is through the sub manufacturer. I do have a request into Monoprice as I own 4 Monolith M10 V2 Subs.

Is there any way that I can accurately calculate the subs amp latency? If so, how is this done.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I own a Lyngdorf MP-40 with Room Perfect as the auto calibration. Room Perfect requires you to input the subwoofer amp latency (delay). I know the best way to get this information is through the sub manufacturer. I do have a request into Monoprice as I own 4 Monolith M10 V2 Subs.

Is there any way that I can accurately calculate the subs amp latency? If so, how is this done.

Thanks for the help!
I think you can do this with a Umik-1 microphone and REW software on a laptop:
https://www.minidsp.com/applications/acoustic-measurements/292-rew-timing-ht
REW is free but the Umik-1 is about $100 or more. If running multiple subwoofers you can get additional control using a miniDSP.

dlasater

dlasater

Audiophyte

Thanks for the help!
I have an MP-40, and as you say, obtained amp latency information from the manufacturer. With SVS subs, it was 6 ms for the plate amp plus 14 ms for my wireless adapter. I never got the amp latency information for my other amps, so I just estimated 4 ms. If you are using REW (described by Eppi above), you can adjust the timing via speaker distance adjustments to "fix" any bad latency estimates.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis