Limited space in bdrm

J

James_Ngo

Audioholic Intern
In the market for front speakers. Looking for bookshelf speakers. How is everyone utilizing bookshelf speakers without a stand? Would full range center speakers be an option? (If that's even an option). Subwoofer will be utilize in addition to the front.

Also curious as front or rear ports too

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
You aren't going to use full-range speakers in a small room (I assume kicking out the spouse to make room is not an option)?

You generally want front-ported in tight spaces as they are more tolerant of walls behind them.

If possible: try to make sure there isn't "floor" (or counter or whatever) directly in front of the bookshelf at the bookshef's height (if you are going to literally put them on a bookshelf, you want them pulled forward so that they line up with the front of the shelf, not pushed back).

On-wall designed speakers are also not a terrible option.

J

James_Ngo

Audioholic Intern
You aren't going to use full-range speakers in a small room (I assume kicking out the spouse to make room is not an option)?

You generally want front-ported in tight spaces as they are more tolerant of walls behind them.

If possible: try to make sure there isn't "floor" (or counter or whatever) directly in front of the bookshelf at the bookshef's height (if you are going to literally put them on a bookshelf, you want them pulled forward so that they line up with the front of the shelf, not pushed back).

On-wall designed speakers are also not a terrible option.
Spouse been kicked to the curb. I have full authority.

Will look into your suggestions.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
What’s your budget and space like? Music vs HT? Watching/listening from the bed, I presume... (no need to answer. :p )
I agree with Jerry that you want front ports potentially, or sealed...
Do you just want stereo? Or a center channel too?

J

James_Ngo

Audioholic Intern
What’s your budget and space like? Music vs HT? Watching/listening from the bed, I presume... (no need to answer. )
I agree with Jerry that you want front ports potentially, or sealed...
Do you just want stereo? Or a center channel too?
Budget $300
Music/Gaming 80%, HT 20%
Room size 11'x12' (small assuming)
More then likely it will be a stereo setup.

Setup will be for a computer/son (when he's here) room. Currently have tv and computer(bose) on the same wall. Since I have a spare 12" sub and avr. Planning on mounting the tv on another wall for better viewing angle while on computer.

TheoN

TheoN

Audioholics Contributing Writer
The NHT are a very good option. Q Acoustics also has some good options for you and the rear port can be plugged (plug included) for any boundary issues.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis