LIFI Lamp Technology Primer

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Luxim Corporation has announced that it is partnering with Panasonic to integrate its new LIFI, or Light Fidelity, lighting unit (lamp system) into their rear projection LCD TVs. The LIFI system creates intense light output with digitally-controlled dimming for high contrast applications such as those required for rear projection lamps. The lifetime of the unit is up to 20,000+ hours, a HUGE increase from the typical ~4000 hour expectancy of current bulbs.

Discuss "LIFI Lamp Technology Primer" here. Read the article.

majorloser

majorloser

Nice idea.

Let's hope they get a "move on" with LED light source technology. I can't wait to have a front projector that doesn't put out much heat and is small. HID lamps need to become a thing of the past.

D

docbethel

Audiophyte
$$idea

Now what we need: a lamp with characteristics like LIFI or LED designed to replace our existing 2/3000 hr. lamps. Anybody working on that?

J

JimLiFi

Audiophyte
Mine is in the mail

Is there anyone out there with this HDTV yet? I ordered mine last week from Panny and was curious if there is any hands-on reviews out yet:D

C

Climber

Audiophyte
Is there anyone out there with this HDTV yet? I ordered mine last week from Panny and was curious if there is any hands-on reviews out yet:D

the website howstuffworks has a review. I can't post the link because I'm a new member.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis