Life span of lcd tv ?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
My Samsung LED is 11yrs old and is just now having issues (vertical lines, traces are delaminating most likely). Went to buy the replacement QLED and they were sold out :(
My parents will probably run this tv until the screen no longer works . I expect there to be more lines forming . Do they pixels or backlight fail first?

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My parents will probably run this tv until the screen no longer works . I expect there to be more lines forming . Do they pixels or backlight fail first?

Tesla spoken to them
I would expect it is the pixels. Mine is one particular color band because some scenes look perfectly fine and others look like a 8mm snuff film.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I would expect it is the pixels. Mine is one particular color band because some scenes look perfectly fine and others look like a 8mm snuff film.
How many 8mm snuff films have you watched John?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Some stuff is greatly effected by the lines other shows are not . Why unusual this tv was so heavily used it lasted a long time for a $4,000 tv or whatever my dad paid for it . Samsung led 3d like a. Flagship looking model 2010 or 2009 whenever hat weird avatar film made 3d popular lol .

Tesla spoken to them

S

ssmaudio

Audioholic Intern
8760 hours in a year. So if it's running 24/7 that could still take awhile. :p

We have a 10 year old Vizio in the exercise room, still running fine. Anything competently built these days should last a long time. Even if it dies today it'll be peanuts to replace since TV'S have gotten so cheap.
Don’t forget the landfill costs. Things are cheap, but there’s an economic and environmental cost to disposal. So it’s best to but something that live with.
i would say, hang on to your lcd tv absolutely as long as you possonly can

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Don’t forget the landfill costs. Things are cheap, but there’s an economic and environmental cost to disposal. So it’s best to but something that live with.
i would say, hang on to your lcd tv absolutely as long as you possonly can
What do I do when the two tube TVs sitting on my front porch ? I’m broke cannot pay to dispose of them . Neithers inputs work , the one I might be able to fix . The Phillips is not worth fixing imo . Screen was phasing weird

Tesla spoken to them

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis