Life span of lcd tv ?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I’ve googled them a Lot but I cannot find much good information, I’ve been using my old old 2009 lcd for most my tv watching but wanted to switch to my 55” led 4k but I was not sure if I should just get it til my old lcd starts going bad or getting duller??thanks

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
50-100k hours how long is that ?
So you could be waiting a long time to upgrade from tv system failure.

Tesla spoken to them

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
8760 hours in a year. So if it's running 24/7 that could still take awhile. :p

We have a 10 year old Vizio in the exercise room, still running fine. Anything competently built these days should last a long time. Even if it dies today it'll be peanuts to replace since TV'S have gotten so cheap.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

We have a 10 year old Vizio in the exercise room, still running fine. Anything competently built these days should last a long time. Even if it dies today it'll be peanuts to replace since TV'S have gotten so cheap.
My dads tv is dying of tv aids lines forming in the tv .

Tesla spoken to them

ClairET

Audioholic Intern
I had a three year old LCD die with lines in the display. It had 30 days left on the warranty and was then upgraded to a 4K. Both the original purchase and the upgrade were over $2k. That TV died in November 90 days over the three year warranty was up, due to circuit board failure. It was just replaced with a 4K UHD model for $700. I really wanted to upgrade the size, but it was a significant jump to almost $2k for another three year run. A close friend’s TV died in three years too, so based on my experience 3 years.

cornemuse

cornemuse

Junior Audioholic
I have a 10 year old Olevia 42" (they've been out of business 7-8 yrs). Use it 4-5-6 hours a day, (I'm retired with lots of free time!) Starting to get wide bands slightly darker than the rest of screen. I have a hardware media player with which I have a 'slide show' of the basic black, white, red, etc etc colors for adjusting various 'picture' settings. This is where I can actually see the bands, tv/movies, I cannot distinguish. Havent found one that I like the image quality as much as mine. Sound died years ago, so its just a monitor, (use AV rec), CC stopped long ago, but cable box has its own CC settings, & subtitles on movies,

-c-

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
My Sammy 52" LCD is pushing 13 years, my Sammy 26" is pushing 15 years.

Let me put that into perspective.....I bought that 26" Samsung LCD used for $600! My coworker had it maybe a year and he paid $1200 for it!

Prices have dropped.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
my 7 year old Samsung died a couple weeks back. Best Buy guy said 7-10 years is all you should expect. Throw away society .........

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
50-100k hours how long is that ?
So you could be waiting a long time to upgrade from tv system failure.

Tesla spoken to them
Math, meet Noob. Noob, meet math...

100,000 hrs (lifespan of tv) ÷ 24 hrs (1 day) = 4167 days (rounded up).

4167 days ÷ 365 days (1 year) = 11.4 years.

There ya go. Hope I did that right... lol. :p

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja

i have a Vizio 40” 1080i that’s over ten years old also still going strong thing’s like 70lbs!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My old Vizio from Costco which I picked up in 2010 is still going strong. It got passed along to my youngest daughter & her hubby when my wife giftedit to them without my consent. I replaced it with a 4K Samsung. :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
.... It got passed along to my youngest daughter & her hubby when my wife giftedit to them without my consent. I replaced it with a 4K Samsung. :)
Maybe that was her thinking in the first place, getting a 4K.:D

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Maybe our esteemed group is taking this question from the wrong point of view.
Perhaps you really WANT to upgrade and just need an excuse like the TV is wearing out.
In that case, its my advice and caution that you upgrade ASAP. That old TV is probably dousing you with enough radiation to cause early forms of dimentia. Get over to your favorite outlet and get something new and trim and with all those snazzy stickers calling out features you never heard of before all over it.
Its a health issue after all.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Math, meet Noob. Noob, meet math...

100,000 hrs (lifespan of tv) ÷ 24 hrs (1 day) = 4167 days (rounded up).

4167 days ÷ 365 days (1 year) = 11.4 years.

There ya go. Hope I did that right... lol. :p
It’s one of the first 3d TVs ever released like 2010 or something when did avatar come out ?

Tesla spoken to them

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
Our Samsung is about 4 years old, and I can see the colors fading,and blooming of the whites now. I think it is going to need to be replaced this year.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My Samsung LED is 11yrs old and is just now having issues (vertical lines, traces are delaminating most likely). Went to buy the replacement QLED and they were sold out :(

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis