62InHomeTheater

Enthusiast
I am seeing mixed signals on the subject of calibration of my OLED65C7P. Some say you don’t need it anymore with today’s TVs. And others say it’s a must for the best picture your tv can produce. Any advice?

62InHomeTheater

Enthusiast
Yes I have been to this site. These are settings. And all panels are different. If I use these settings my OLED may look or may not look right. So the question is still the same.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Overlord
Ratings
5,495 20 33
the settings are part of calibration, yes they are not unique to YOUR panel, but they provide a good baseline to start from.
What you should be more concerned about is fact that OLED has a shorter lifespan and even if you calibrate this panel now, in a few years your calibration settings would likely be much further.
tbh: I wish you the best of luck in regards to the longevity of your LG tv, as I haven't had much luck with this brand in the past.

62InHomeTheater

Enthusiast
Sorry to hear that you have had bad luck withLG. I will try the settings and see what the set looks like.
As for longevity , I have friends that have had LG OLED TVs and never had any problems. Anyway I hope to be viewing content on a projector and 120” screen in a year or two.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Overlord
Ratings
4,323 17 37
Another consideration with paying for a professional calibration is just what picture you're calibrating for. Can you calibrate for each input to the tv for example? Are you concerned with other than calibrating for a consistent source such as your bluray player? You can always check basics with one of the calibration discs....(been a while, used to be Spears & Munsil, Disney WOW, etc). If you're really nutty you can buy your own colorimeter if your tv has comprehensive settings for the user :)

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis