LG SN7Y (E3) making crackling noises

Z

ZenbookDuo

Audiophyte
I have a LG SN7Y E3 that likes to make loud crackling noises. I notice that this only happens when bass is sent to the soundbar. The crackles last for about 2 seconds and come back after about 3 seconds. (listen to attached recording) I have tried a hard reset and system reset from the LG soundbar app. Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?

Connection method:
HDMI cable from HP elitedesk 800 G1 (Radeon PRO WX 2100) going into SHARP+ROKU TV plugged into HDMI ARC port

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have a LG SN7Y E3 that likes to make loud crackling noises. I notice that this only happens when bass is sent to the soundbar. The crackles last for about 2 seconds and come back after about 3 seconds. (listen to attached recording) I have tried a hard reset and system reset from the LG soundbar app. Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?

Connection method:
HDMI cable from HP elitedesk 800 G1 (Radeon PRO WX 2100) going into SHARP+ROKU TV plugged into HDMI ARC port
There is no attached recording. I suspect something is getting overloaded. You can't expect much from a system like that, especially if you drive it hard with deep bass content. The specs such as they are, are pure fiction most likely. With the power they say they have, would result in a visit from the fire brigade, if you sent that much power to speakers that small.

Z

ZenbookDuo

Audiophyte
There is no attached recording. I suspect something is getting overloaded. You can't expect much from a system like that, especially if you drive it hard with deep bass content. The specs such as they are, are pure fiction most likely. With the power they say they have, would result in a visit from the fire brigade, if you sent that much power to speakers that small.
As it turns out, it was just a defective capacitor within the internal amp, I replaced it and now it works like a charm.
I usually keep it at volume level "5", It's max level is 40. I don't really play any tracks with deep bass a lot and all the settings are set to a flat profile.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis